Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a certified coach or therapist. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, and Y Combinator, and partner with companies like Pixar, Gusto, Okta, EA, and Nextdoor that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $42 million and is looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
The Manager of Compensation and Benefits is responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and administering a comprehensive total rewards strategy and program for Modern Health. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who brings an in-depth understanding of external best-practices and innovative trends and reward strategies combined with the ability to execute and operationalize in a scalable way. This position will report to the Head of People and will have frequent interactions with all members of the Executive team.\
What You’ll Do-
- Partner with HR Leadership to develop, administer and streamline rewards programs that drive Modern Health culture, values and engagement - we are an employee-first organization and our programs should reinforce and embody that value.
- Lead strategy and design to deliver quality benefit programs that are both competitive and cost-effective
- Perform routine compensation analysis to ensure fairness and equity across the organization, and lead our annual merit increase process
- In conjunction with stakeholders, assess the effectiveness of current benefit programs in achieving organizational objectives; identify industry best practices and benchmarks and develop recommendations to align with the Business, HR strategy and goals.
- Consult managers and executive team on compensation and benefits of employees from on-boarding and throughout their tenure
- Develop and coordinate communication strategies and activities designed to educate and inform employees about total rewards
- Determine and implement metrics that assess and monitor the effectiveness of ongoing Total Rewards programs and new initiatives
- Partner with HR team and leaders to develop appropriate total reward packages to recruit and retain talent
- Collaborate with other HR team members to drive continual improvement in employee experience, efficiency, and effectiveness
Who You Are-
- 5+ years of experience in benefits, compensation or as an HR generalist
- People management experience a plus
- Experience at a fast-growing startup
- Executive presence and demonstrated ability to influence, build trust and develop effective collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects and programs to successful completion, including building productive, cross-functional relationships and aligned objectives
- Demonstrated experience working on benefits-related projects like open enrollment, needs forecasting, and analysis
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player that can easily handle changing priorities and multi-task well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interface effectively and establish rapport with employees, managers and business leaders within all levels of the organization
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited career growth opportunity