Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a certified coach or therapist. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, and Y Combinator, and partner with companies like Pixar, Gusto, Okta, EA, and Nextdoor that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $42 million and is looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
Modern Health is looking for a multifaceted IT professional who is organized, communicative, and passionate about both traditional IT support and software engineering. This role will have company-wide impact as you support various departments including Operations, Information Security, Compliance, Software Engineering, and People teams. This is a unique opportunity to not only own the vendor and personnel lifecycle, but to also partner with the software engineering and security teams to develop a deep understanding of our platform and deliver exceptional service to our clients and members.
This role will initially report to the Head of Engineering.
- Install and configure computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners (when we return to offices)
- Provision and deprovision access to Modern Health systems and tools (e.g. VPN, GitLab, GSuite)
- Providing technical support across the company
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
- Provide full lifecycle management to our database of over 100 vendors. Including:
- Vendor configuration management and enforcement (e.g. 2FA, HIPAA compliance)
- Supporting the procurement processes, including requirement generation
- New vendor roll out (scope/plan, company communications, stakeholder coordination, and troubleshooting)
- Complete quarterly vendor assessments of access/audit controls
- Partner with the software engineering, security and compliance teams to:
- Provide Tier 1 support to inbound issues reported by our Operations teams from our end-user members
- Support Single sign-on (SSO) integrations with our clients
- AWS: ECS and cloud hosting
- Gitlab: CI/CD
- Python: Django, Flask, aiohttp
- Data: PostgreSQL, Redis
- Monitoring: Datadog and Sentry
- IaC: Terraform, Packer
Your skillset includes:
- Working knowledge and expertise with a variety of software, hardware, and applications.
- Willingness to solve complicated problems and see projects through to completion.
- Analytical skills to study problems and records and identify solutions.
- Team-oriented attitude to help other colleagues and departments with technical problems.
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to manage time and effectively prioritize numerous projects at one time.
Bonus points if you have experience in:
- Previous experience in software engineering
- Working at a high growth startup
- Working on SaaS software
- Working in Health Tech or HR
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited career growth opportunity