Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a certified coach or therapist. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey. We are female-founded and partnering with organizations that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
Modern Health is looking for an unrestricted (ability to work independently, without supervision), licensed therapist to deliver evidence-based mental health care that is focused on positive outcomes. Modern Health uses a stepped care model to provide members with the right level of high-quality mental health care to fit their needs, and we augment our individual therapy and coaching services with digital content and group-based offerings developed and implemented by experts. This position is part-time and requires 20 hours/week with at least some morning, afternoon, and evening availability.
What You’ll Do-
- Provide short-term, evidence-based therapy (such as CBT, ACT, DBT) for a wide variety of mental health concerns
- Provide services via live video (the role may involve in-person therapy if and when that’s deemed appropriate and necessary)
- Provide psychoeducation on mental health symptoms and treatment options
- Help clients set clear goals and in building the skills and tools necessary to achieve those goals
- Track outcomes in order to adapt care as needed
- Maintain appropriate documentation
- Provide your feedback and expertise to help improve our service offerings
Who You Are-
- A doctoral-level therapist with a degree from an accredited college or university
- An unrestricted California* license (ability to work independently, without supervision from a licensed supervisor). *Note: multi-state licensure would be highly valued.
- 1+ years of post-licensure experience providing evidence-based (e.g., CBT, DBT, ACT), short-term psychotherapy using outcomes tracking to guide treatment
- 2+ years of supervised experience delivering culturally responsive and competent care to clients across a variety of cultural identifications
- Excellent interpersonal skills (communication and listening) and a willingness to give and receive feedback
- A passion for mental health and Modern Health’s mission to expand access by getting each person the right level of care for their needs
- Ability to commit 20hrs/week to Modern Health, including some morning, afternoon and evening availability
- Residence or ability to practice in California
- Given our commitment to building a diverse and multi-lingual provider network, we encourage a wide range of candidates with different backgrounds and language capabilities to apply