Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a certified coach or therapist. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, and Y Combinator, and partner with companies like Pixar, Gusto, Okta, EA, and Nextdoor that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $42 million and is looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
As the second attorney on the legal team, you will handle a wide range of legal work, including healthcare regulatory counseling, commercial negotiations, privacy and data protection projects, and other projects to enhance our compliance infrastructure. In particular, this role will work closely with our product, sales, customer success and operations teams. Reporting to the General Counsel, this role will be a key advisor to the business and will reinforce our culture of compliance.
What You’ll Do-
- Provide guidance across the the business on any healthcare and related legal obligations and lead various regulatory projects;
- Advise the product team regarding legal requirements related to existing and proposed products and features;
- Work closely with the sales and operations team on negotiating arrangements with our prospective commercial partners and suppliers.
- Propose creative ideas as to how we can work within the law to provide amazing user experiences;
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to ensure that all customer-facing material presents our product and company fairly and accurately.
Who You Are-
- 6+ years of combined, relevant experience in in-house legal departments, government agencies and/or law firms;
- Experience with launching products in a highly regulated space;
- Experience working on regulatory and commercial matters in health technology sector is a big plus;
- Experience advising on international product roll-outs also is a plus;
- Demonstrated business judgment, intellectual creativity, and rigorous problem-solving skills;
- Extremely strong written and oral communication skills with a persistent eye toward problem-solving;
- Adept at operating in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment; and
- California Bar admission in good standing (or Registered In-House Counsel status with California State Bar)
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited career growth opportunity