Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a certified coach or therapist. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, and Y Combinator, and partner with companies like Pixar, Gusto, Okta, EA, and Nextdoor that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $42 million and is looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
In this role you'll be a key partner to our CPO, and the entire Modern Health Tech team. In an environment where we are increasingly connected to technology, at higher risk for depression, and lonelier than ever, our mission is to create a world where people are happier and more resilient to the stress and struggles of everyday life. We’re looking for an experienced product leader to help us realize this mission and build the leading global mental health solution. You will be responsible for driving the execution of our near term goals but more importantly, helping to set the strategic vision to drive value for employers and their employees. We are looking for an excellent leader who is highly analytical, thrives at building relationships and rallying teams, is user-focused and design savvy, and who is ultimately motivated to positively impact the lives of thousands of people.
If you are looking for a big opportunity at a high-growth organization while making a positive impact alongside a talented team of professionals from Stanford School of Medicine, Yale, Johns Hopkins, and Collective Health -- you are a perfect fit for Modern Health. This role reports to the CPO.
What You’ll Do-
- Anticipate Needs & Design: Partner with clinical care and design to build out clear mocks and specs for the engineering team to work on, well in advance. Understand needs from sales, ops, client success and management to continually build out a product vision across the business.
- Evangelize: Communicate across the engineering team and company what the vision is and why they should be excited to create it
- Be Scrappy: Make sure all details are correct between articulation of a winning product to execution to iteration.
- Drive The Day-to-day: Monitor the day-to-day and milestone-to-milestone for the engineering team and act like a pit boss who cares about delivering great service and makes sure things get done well, in a timely fashion.
- Pull Levers & Prioritize Well: Manage process around and design a cohesive vision integrating growth tools like email, push notifications & SMS into the core Modern Health experience. Utilization is key.
- Analyze Data & Understand User Behavior: The right candidate will be good with SQL and will be trustworthy to iterate on designs w/ data backing up key decisions.
- Communicate Results & Next Steps: Deliver consultant-level analyses in bite-sized form, so that the company can stay on top of what works and doesn’t work in the space.
Who You Are-
- 7+ years experience in Product Management
- 3+ years managing Product teams
- Expertise in full stack software delivery – back-end processing, high-usage UI, reporting & analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- Passionate about building products that make a positive impact
- Enjoys hands-on execution and strategic thought leadership
- Analytical thinker who can write trustworthy and robust SQL, run ab tests and be accountable for in-service followup & learnings, be a master at hypothesis-based testing
- Can handle requests from different customers (sales, design, operations, compliance, client success) and translate them into clear tickets that map to roadmap priority
- Run key meetings when appropriate [standup, sprint meetings, product brainstorms, etc.] and take input from key stakeholders
- Comfortable with collaborating with Head of Clinical Care and UI/UX designers to bring designs to life & to actually help people
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave
- Unlimited career growth opportunity