Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a certified coach or therapist. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, and Y Combinator, and partner with companies like Pixar, Gusto, Okta, EA, and Nextdoor that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $42 million and is looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
What You’ll Do-
Providing exceptional care is at the heart of Modern Health and we are looking for a Behavioral Scientist to join our Clinical Care team to help advance this mission. This person will collaborate with teams across the company to ensure that every aspect of Modern Health is rooted in cutting edge behavioral science and clinical techniques. The main focus areas are below:
- Conduct internal evaluations to evaluate the effectiveness of Modern Health offerings and publish outcomes in peer-reviewed journals
- Develop partnerships with external organizations to conduct and publish research on the effectiveness of Modern Health offerings
- Stay up to date on current research on psychological science and behavior change and ensure this is leveraged internally for product decisions
- Work closely with our data team to richly understand our members’ experiences and how to continually improve them
Internal Consultant: Product, Operations, and more
- Be the voice of behavioral science and research to help guide cross functional decisions, whether it is working with Product to understand the impact of new features, Client Success to understand the primary metrics to track, or operations to develop a quality index.
Who You Are-
- You have an advanced degree in psychology, behavioral science, or a related field (PhD/PsyD required, clinical degree preferred)
- You have experience conducting and publishing clinical outcomes research.
- Advanced experience in data cleaning and analytics (SQL/R proficiency preferred)
- You take initiative and like to build things from scratch with little direction.
- You enjoy working in dynamic environments with lots of interdisciplinary collaboration.
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave
- Unlimited career growth opportunity