Modern Health is a mental well-being platform that helps innovative companies and people thrive. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
There’s no one-size-fits-all solution for mental well-being, which makes it hard for companies to offer benefits that cater to each employee's unique needs. That’s why we prioritized creating a platform of mental health resources for — well, everyone! Whether employees are looking for guided meditations, virtual one-on-one support from certified coaches, or in-person therapy, we make it easy for people to access the care that’s right for them when they need it.
We’re building a diverse team of driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join us in our mission to improve the way people live. We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, and Y Combinator, and partner with companies like Pixar, Gusto and Okta that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees.
We see diversity, inclusion, and belonging as key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed.
Providing exceptional care is at the heart of Modern Health and we are looking for a Behavioral Scientist to join our Clinical Care team to help advance this mission. This person will collaborate with teams across the company to ensure that every aspect of Modern Health is rooted in cutting edge behavioral science and clinical techniques. The main focus areas are below:
- Conduct internal evaluations to evaluate the effectiveness of Modern Health offerings and publish outcomes in peer-reviewed journals.
- Develop partnerships with external organizations to conduct and publish research on the effectiveness of Modern Health offerings.
- Stay up to date on current research on psychological science and behavior change and ensure this is leveraged internally for product decisions
- Work closely with our data team to richly understand our members’ experiences and how to continually improve them
- Provider clinical and research guidance to operations to ensure that our network of therapists maintain the highest quality and practice evidence-based care
- Build community among Modern Health therapists and relationships with professional organizations and networks
- Build out engaging content for the digital app, workshops for companies, and trainings for therapists and coaches
- Write thought pieces and white papers
Internal Consultant: Product, Operations, and more
- Be the voice of behavioral science and psychology to help guide cross functional decisions, whether it is working with product to develop new features, operations to source providers in Europe, or Client Success in understanding how to meaningfully drive engagement and create organizational change.
Background and Credentials
You will be a great fit for this role if...
- You have an advanced degree in clinical psychology or a related field (Master’s degree or above, PhD/PsyD preferred)
- 5+ years experience practicing clinical care utilizing evidence-based approaches (e.g., CBT, ACT, DBT, MBCT).
- You have experience conducting and publishing clinical outcomes research.
- You have developed training modules, created workshops, or have experience in other forms of content creation.
- You take initiative and like to build things from scratch with little direction.
- You enjoy working in dynamic environments with lots of interdisciplinary collaboration.
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Modern Health, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.