Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a certified coach or therapist. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, and Y Combinator, and partner with companies like Pixar, Gusto, Okta, EA, and Nextdoor that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $42 million and is looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
You'll be given lots of responsibility and the opportunity to have true ownership as we build out the product. This is a unique opportunity to use your engineering powers to make a direct impact in people's lives. We need a Site Reliability Engineer who is enthusiastic about building reliable, scalable, and flexible systems to support our growing team, product, and user base. You'll work with other engineers to reliably release and maintain services, and help define and meet internal and customer-facing SLA's and SLO's.
What You’ll Do-
- Manage AWS infrastructure of a distributed microservice web application with Terraform and other modern tooling
- Increase observability of our systems through configuration of automated metric collection and aggregation
- Engineer efficient and reusable systems that drive complex web and mobile applications
- Maintain HIPAA, GDPR, and SOC-2 compliance and general security through best practice implementation
- Tackle tough systems design and architecture problems
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Provide technical leadership in your areas of expertise
Who You Are-
- Amazing at building and maintaining solutions using cloud hosting providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with shell scripting for *nix systems
- Experience with Networking for web applications
- Effective at communicating ideas through writing and diagramming
- Comfortable working with a distributed development and ops team
- Familiarity with AWS: ECS and cloud hosting, Gitlab: CI/CD, Python: Django, Flask, aiohttp, Data: PostgreSQL, Redis, Monitoring: Datadog and Sentry, IaC: Terraform, Packer
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave
- Unlimited career growth opportunity