About Modern Health
Modern Health is a female founded mental health benefits platform for employers focused on reducing the stigma of mental health and increasing access to mental health services. We believe that mental health should be a right, not a privilege, so we offer a comprehensive solution that covers the full spectrum of mental well-being needs. Through both evidence-based programs designed by our clinical psychologist and professional support from our network of certified coaches and therapists, Modern Health helps guide our members to the right care at the right time.
Our partners include wonderful companies such as Electronic Arts, Pixar, and Okta that want to take a proactive approach to mental well-being for their employees.
We are building a world-class team to make a positive impact and improve the way people live. We see diversity, inclusion, and belonging as key components of mental health, and know that it begins with our team. With a focus on “culture add”, not "culture fit,” we encourage any interested individuals to apply, even if they are unsure!
You'll be given lots of responsibility and the opportunity to have true ownership as we build out the product. This is a unique opportunity to use your engineering powers to make a direct impact in people's lives. We need a Site Reliability Engineer who is enthusiastic about building reliable, scalable, and flexible systems to support our growing team, product, and user base. You'll work with other engineers to reliably release and maintain services, and help define and meet internal and customer-facing SLA's and SLO's.
- Manage AWS infrastructure of a distributed microservice web application with Terraform and other modern tooling
- Increase observability of our systems through configuration of automated metric collection and aggregation
- Engineer efficient and reusable systems that drive complex web and mobile applications
- Maintain HIPAA, GDPR, and SOC-2 compliance and general security through best practice implementation
- Tackle tough systems design and architecture problems
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Provide technical leadership in your areas of expertise
It'd be awesome if you were great at...
- Building and maintaining solutions using cloud hosting providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Shell scripting for *nix systems
- Networking for web applications
- Effectively communicating ideas through writing and diagramming
- Working with a distributed development and ops team
- AWS: ECS and cloud hosting
- Gitlab: CI/CD
- Python: Django, Flask, aiohttp
- Data: PostgreSQL, Redis
- Monitoring: Datadog and Sentry
- IaC: Terraform, Packer
Other reasons why you’ll love working at Modern Health…
- You will work with a passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- You will directly impact the mental well-being of tens of thousands of people
- If you're in SF we have an awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District. If you're remote we offer great perks such as a stipend for a coworking space.
- Unlimited PTO
- Amazing health benefits (medical, dental, vision) for you and your family
- Mental well-being stipend
- Unlimited career growth opportunity