About Modern Health
Modern Health is a mental well-being platform for employers. We are the only solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a coach or therapist. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, we guide people to the right care at the right time and help companies save money in engagement and healthcare costs. We are venture-backed and have raised from top VCs including Kleiner Perkins, Y combinator, Afore, and Precursor Ventures. We are building a world-class team to make a positive impact and improve the way people live. Are you mission driven and motivated to make a change? We'd love to hear from you.
In this role you'll be a key partner to our CPO and the entire Modern Health Tech team. In an environment where we are increasingly connected to technology, at higher risk for depression, and lonelier than ever, our mission is to create a world where people are happier and more resilient to the stress and struggles of everyday life.
Design is at the heart of how we build products and remains a competitive advantage for the company and service. If you are looking for a design opportunity at a high-growth organization while making a positive impact alongside a talented team of professionals from Stanford School of Medicine, Yale, Johns Hopkins, and Collective Health -- you are a perfect fit for Modern Health.
This role reports directly to the CPO.
What You'll Do
- Take a user-centered approach to product design that’s rooted in deeply understanding user problems and needs.
- Own core parts of the Modern Health product design experience – from our member-facing mobile app and web experience to our provider-facing dashboard. We’re a very small (but growing!) tech team so you’ll be responsible and accountable for some of our most critical products and features.
- Partner closely with product, engineering, operations, and care teams to drive and deliver new products, features, prototypes, and bug fixes – small and large.
- Partner closely with stakeholders to define a flexible design process that facilitates transparency and collaboration and that is focused on driving value to customers on a frequent basis.
- Own and contribute toward Modern Health’s evolving product design system.
- Help us grow our design team by actively recruiting and interviewing designers.
What We Look For...
- You have a proven track record of playing both a leadership and supporting role in shipping great products to customers – from inception to launch.
- You have a portfolio that includes mobile and web products and showcases a strong foundation in UX design, visual design, layout, IA, and, and typography.
- You have experience collaborating with people across multiple disciplines/departments.
- You successfully communicate ideas both in writing and with low-fi tools to solicit the best feedback from users and stakeholders.
- You know how to share clear and specific design feedback that is thoughtful and actionable.
- You have an incredible attention to detail. You sweat the little things and are meticulous about your work – from designs to feedback to specs.
- You have a deep interest in mentoring designers to grow their skills.
- You manage your time and projects carefully and independently. You regularly and proactively share what you’re working on, what your goals are, what’s coming next.
- You're comfortable in ambiguity and enjoy the process of driving towards clarity.
Other Reasons Why You’ll Love Working at Modern Health…
- You will work with a passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- You will directly impact the lives of thousands of people
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District Mon-Thurs
- Amazing health benefits for you and your family -- 100% covered health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision) for employees and 50% coverage for their dependents
- 401k through Vanguard
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Flexible/Unlimited PTO