Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a certified coach or therapist. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, and Y Combinator, and partner with companies like Pixar, Gusto, Okta, EA, and Nextdoor that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $42 million and is looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
In this role you'll be a key partner to our CPO and the entire Modern Health Tech team. You'll be the first Product Designer here in San Francisco and help define our overall design direction alongside our entire Tech team. Design is at the heart of how we build products and remains a competitive advantage for the company and service, so if you are looking for a design opportunity at a high-growth organization while making a positive impact alongside a talented team of professionals from Stanford School of Medicine, Yale, Johns Hopkins, and Collective Health – you'll be a great fit for Modern Health.
What You’ll Do-
- Take a user-centered approach to product design that’s rooted in deeply understanding user problems and needs
- Own core parts of the Modern Health product design experience – from our member-facing mobile app and web experience to our provider-facing dashboard. We’re a very small (but growing!) tech team so you’ll be responsible and accountable for some of our most critical products and features
- Partner closely with product, engineering, operations, and care teams to drive and deliver new products, features, prototypes, and bug fixes – small and large
- Partner closely with stakeholders to define a flexible design process that facilitates transparency and collaboration and that is focused on driving value to customers on a frequent basis
- Own and contribute toward Modern Health’s evolving product design system
- Own and contribute toward Modern Health's user research initiatives
- Help us grow our design team by actively recruiting and interviewing designers
Who You Are-
- You have a proven track record of playing both a leadership and supporting role in shipping great products to customers – from inception to launch
- You have a portfolio that includes mobile and web products and showcases a strong foundation in UX design, visual design, layout, IA, and, and typography
- You have experience collaborating with people across multiple disciplines/departments
- You successfully communicate ideas both in writing and with low-fi tools to solicit the best feedback from users and stakeholders
- You know how to share clear and specific design feedback that is thoughtful and actionable
- You have experience in user research to drive generative and evaluative research projects
- You have an incredible attention to detail. You sweat the little things and are meticulous about your work – from designs to feedback to specs
- You have a deep interest in mentoring designers to grow their skills
- You manage your time and projects carefully and independently. You regularly and proactively share what you’re working on, what your goals are, what’s coming next
- You're comfortable in ambiguity and enjoy the process of driving towards clarity
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave
- Unlimited career growth opportunity