Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
In this role you’ll lead design for critical initiatives and partner with product and engineering to deliver user-centered solutions. You'll be an integral part of our small but growing product design team and help define our overall design direction alongside our entire Tech team.
Design is at the heart of how we build products and remains a competitive advantage for the company and service, so if you are looking for a design opportunity at a high-growth organization while making a positive impact alongside a talented team of professionals – you'll be a great fit for Modern Health.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated. This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado or Hawaii.
What You’ll Do-
- Take a user-centered approach to product design that’s rooted in deeply understanding user problems and needs
- Own core parts of the Modern Health product design experience – from our member-facing mobile app and web experience to our provider-facing dashboard to our HR portal. We’re a fast growing tech team so you’ll be responsible and accountable for some of our most critical products and features
- Partner closely with product, engineering, operations, and care teams to drive and deliver new products, features, prototypes, and bug fixes – small and large
- Partner closely with stakeholders to define a flexible design process that facilitates transparency and collaboration and that is focused on driving value to customers on a frequent basis
- Own and contribute toward Modern Health’s evolving product design system
- Help us grow our design team by actively recruiting and interviewing designers
Who You Are-
- 5-7+ years of product design experience
- You have a proven track record of playing both a leadership and supporting role in shipping great products to customers – from inception to launch
- You have a portfolio that includes mobile and web products and showcases a strong foundation in UX design, visual design, layout, IA, and typography
- You have experience collaborating with people across multiple disciplines/departments
- You successfully communicate ideas both in writing and with low-fi tools to solicit the best feedback from users and stakeholders
- You know how to share clear and specific design feedback that is thoughtful and actionable
- You have an incredible attention to detail. You sweat the little things and are meticulous about your work – from designs to feedback to specs
- You have a deep interest in mentoring designers to grow their skills
- You manage your time and projects carefully and independently. You regularly and proactively share what you’re working on, what your goals are, what’s coming next
- You're comfortable in ambiguity and enjoy the process of driving towards clarity
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance (and dependents covered at 50%)
- High deductible health plan option with health savings account
- Modern Health product or equivalent cost of external care
- Flexible PTO
- Company-wide mental health days
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Parental leave policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial planning through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- WFH Equipment Stipend
- Natural Disaster Relief Stipend
- Mod Squad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more!