About Modern Health
Modern Health is a mental well-being benefits platform for employers. We are the only solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a coach or therapist. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, we guide people to the right care at the right time and help companies save money in engagement and healthcare costs. We are venture-backed and have raised over $11M from top VC's including Kleiner Perkins, Y combinator, Afore, and Precursor Ventures. We are building a world-class team to make a positive impact and improve the way people live. Are you mission driven and motivated to make a change? We'd love to hear from you.
Because our team is small, you'll be given lots of responsibility and the opportunity to have true ownership as we build out the product. This is a unique opportunity to use your coding powers to make a direct impact in people's lives. We need a back-end engineer who can pick up and understand complex technical areas quickly, is enthusiastic about building new products, and can write scalable/high-performance code on the backend.
This role will initially report to the Head of Engineering.
- Manage AWS environments using Terraform
- Engineer efficient and reusable systems that drive complex web and mobile applications
- Maintain HIPAA and GDPR compliance and general security through best practice implementation
- Tackle tough systems design and product problems
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Provide technical leadership in domain areas
- Python, Django
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- React, TypeScript, Redux, Webpack
- Docker, Kubernetes
- AWS, Terraform
- Experience with at least most of the tools in the back-end of our stack
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a distributed development and ops team
- Passion for building something to improve the lives of others
Bonus points if you have experience in...
- Linux system administration
- Working at a high growth startup
- Working on SaaS software
- Working in Health Tech or HR
Other reasons why you’ll love working at Modern Health…
- You will work with a passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- You will directly impact the lives of millions
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Unlimited PTO
- Amazing health benefits (medical, dental, vision) for you and your family
- Mental well-being stipend
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Relocation package