About Modern Health
Modern Health is a mental well-being benefits platform for employers. We are the only solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a coach or therapist. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, we guide people to the right care at the right time and help companies save money in engagement and healthcare costs. We are venture-backed and have raised over $11M from top VC's including Kleiner Perkins, Y combinator, Afore, and Precursor Ventures. We are building a world-class team to make a positive impact and improve the way people live. Are you mission driven and motivated to make a change? We'd love to hear from you.
You'll be given lots of responsibility and the opportunity to have true ownership as we build out the product. This is a unique opportunity to use your engineering powers to make a direct impact in people's lives. We need a Site Reliability Engineer who is enthusiastic about building reliable, scalable, and flexible systems to support our growing team, product, and user base. You'll work with other engineers to reliably release and maintain services, and help define and meet internal and customer-facing SLA's and SLO's.
- Manage AWS infrastructure of a distributed microservice web application with Terraform and other modern tooling
- Increase observability of our systems through configuration of automated metric collection and aggregation
- Engineer efficient and reusable systems that drive complex web and mobile applications
- Maintain HIPAA, GDPR, and SOC-2 compliance and general security through best practice implementation
- Tackle tough systems design and architecture problems
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Provide technical leadership in your areas of expertise
It'd be awesome if you were great at...
- Building and maintaining solutions using cloud hosting providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Shell scripting for *nix systems
- Networking for web applications
- Effectively communicating ideas through writing and diagramming
- Working with a distributed development and ops team
- AWS: ECS and cloud hosting
- Gitlab: CI/CD
- Python: Django, Flask, aiohttp
- Data: PostgreSQL, Redis
- Monitoring: Datadog and Sentry
- IaC: Terraform, Packer
Other reasons why you’ll love working at Modern Health…
- You will work with a passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- You will directly impact the mental well-being of tens of thousands of people
- If you're in SF we have an awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District. If you're remote we offer great perks such as a stipend for a coworking space.
- Unlimited PTO
- Amazing health benefits (medical, dental, vision) for you and your family
- Mental well-being stipend
- Unlimited career growth opportunity