About Modern Health
Modern Health is on a mission to change how people think about mental health. There is no one size fits all solution for mental health, and that’s why Modern Health covers the modern employee’s every personal and professional need through both evidence-based technology and support from a coach or therapist. Modern Health is the first mental well-being platform for companies that helps all employees be happy and healthy.
Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, we guide people to the right care at the right time and help companies save money in engagement and healthcare costs. We are venture-backed and have raised over $11M from top VC's including Kleiner Perkins, Y Combinator, Afore, and Precursor Ventures. We are building a world-class team to make a positive impact and improve the way people live. Are you mission driven and motivated to make a change? We'd love to hear from you.
Modern Health’s engineering team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for engineering managers to help us scale. Our engineers are smart, flexible, and love solving difficult challenges. They look to their managers for organizational transparency, career development, mentorship, and honest feedback. They move fast and ship code to production continuously, relying on their leadership to increase productivity by removing obstacles and keeping processes lean.
As managers, our job is to keep teams efficient and executing on the right goals. We build teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
This role will report to the VP of Engineering.
- Collaborate extensively with product engineers, product managers, and designers to effectively deliver the next generation of product features
- Provide technical guidance as you balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly.
- Grow individuals in their careers and provide guidance to allow your team to thrive while delivering with quality
- Help your team to thrive in the face of ambiguity by bringing clarity to feature development and longer term KPI improvements
- Work with senior leadership to set a strategic 6+ month direction based upon key business metrics
- You are a passionate and confident leader that takes pride and ownership in the work you do.
- You have experience leading cross functional product engineering teams focused on shipping with quality
- You have a clear understanding of business metrics, are are able to identify and scope product feature work to maximize the business impact
- You have a bias to action. You take the best available data to justify your actions and opinions and make decisions that move the business forward.
- You have experience with architectural patterns and anti-patterns of building scalable consumer applications.
- You enjoy solving complex problems and helping others meet their goals
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, product managers, and engineers is no problem for you.
- You can mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members.
- You have expertise in growing teams: you’ve recruited great engineers of multiple disciplines while ensuring a successful, supportive onboarding experience
- 1+ years of engineering management experience
- 4+ years of engineering experience
- AWS: ECS and cloud hosting
- Gitlab: CI/CD
- Python: Django, Flask, aiohttp
- Data: PostgreSQL, Redis
- Monitoring: Datadog and Sentry
- IaC: Terraform, Packer
Bonus points if you have experience in:
- Working at a high growth startup
- Working on SaaS software
- Working in Health Tech
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Mental health resourcing via Modern Health
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Generous parental leave
- Unlimited career growth opportunity