Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a certified coach or therapist. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, and Y Combinator, and partner with companies like Pixar, Gusto, Okta, EA, and Nextdoor that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $42 million and is looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
Because our team is small, you’ll be given lots of responsibility and the opportunity to have true ownership as we build out the product. This is a unique opportunity to use your coding powers to make a direct impact in people's lives. We need a full-stack engineer who can pick up and understand complex technical areas quickly, is enthusiastic about building new products, and can write scalable/high-performance code in multiple areas of our application. This role will initially report to the Head of Engineering.
What You’ll Do-
- Build and maintain the front-end of single-page React web application
- Engineer efficient and reusable systems that drive complex web and mobile applications
- Maintain HIPAA and GDPR compliance and general security through best practice implementation
- Tackle tough design and product problems
- Work cross-functionally with design and product to deliver delightful user experiences
- Write and maintain technical documentation, unit tests, and integration tests
- Provide technical leadership in domain areas
Who You Are-
- Production experience in React
- Experience building performant, responsive, single-page web applications
- Experience building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience with at least most of the tools in the front-end of our stack
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a distributed development and ops team
- Passion for building something to improve the lives of others
- Familiarity with Python, Django, PostgreSQL, Redis, nginx, React, TypeScript, Redux, Webpack, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave
- Unlimited career growth opportunity