Modern Animal is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our growing team.
We are looking for a strong designer who is passionate about creating an incredible customer experience, collaborating with a great design team, and translating customer insights to design. Reporting to the Director of Product Design, you will join a team of experts in high-growth startups and veterinary medicine, building a modern, technology-enabled veterinary company.
We work in a fast-paced environment and cross-functional groups to design, build, and roll out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy. We are looking for someone passionate about pets and the people who love them, and someone who is excited about rolling up their sleeves to bring our mission to life as we grow!
This role is an IC role based on the West Coast. It is required for the candidate to visit our clinics to get close to the customer--travel to California-based clinic locations will be required from time to time as well as quarterly team on-sites in LA.
What you’ll be working on:
- Co-leads interaction design for our core products in our product suite- which includes but not limited to our consumer-facing mobile app, the internal platform used by veterinary professionals, and our proprietary electronic medical record system.
- Collaborates with other designers, product managers, and devs on the products they lead in the product suite to create continuity across product offerings.
- Follows and owns the design role for a high level product priority track for our organization.
- Gains deep understanding and unique insights for the veterinary professional experience and member experience, and uses the insights to identify product opportunities.
- Ability to produce designs direct to UI- visual and UX skills a must in Figma
- Helps to continue to build and maintain the components library as well as keep the integrity of the design system that reflects our brand style guidelines.
- Enables our design system to scale with-in the guidelines of the brand style guide.
- Works closely with product management and engineering to continuously refine the designs and is a part of the product development process.
- Conducts user research for features
- Works with cross-functional partners (engineering, operation, growth, medicine) effectively and drives decision-making.
Why you’d be a great fit:
- 5-7+ years of experience in a product designer or experience design role
- Track record of independently leading a product track with company-level impact
- Sweating the details but sees the whole picture
- Feels comfortable rolling up your sleeves to work on cross functional products from time to time.
- A mastery of Figma but other design skills (Motion design, illustration, etc.) a plus
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and asking for help when needed
- Curious and embracing that good ideas come from anywhere
- Experience building and scaling a cross-platform design system
- Effective cross-functional communicator by tailoring your language toward different audience
- Experience working with technology with a heavy operation component is a strong plus.
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent medical, vision, & dental coverage with various options to choose from
- Free membership to One Medical for primary care
- Access to behavioral and mental health services through Ginger
- 401k savings plan with a company match
- Flexible time off & paid parental leave
- Free membership to Modern Animal for your pets and discounts on extra services
- WFH stipends to help you set up your home office while we build out an office
- A collaborative team who has your back and will welcome you as part of our pack
The pay range for this position is $130,000 - $180,000 annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and equity grant units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the California Pay Transparency Act. Base pay information is based on geographic location.
We believe an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture and challenge business as usual. We strive to foster an environment where all staff can bring their whole selves to work, by their own definition, and we strive to provide all candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process, or if you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more equitable or accessible, please let us know!