Modern Animal is looking for a Senior Manager, Operations Analytics to join our growing team. We are looking for an analytical, operational, and strategic guru who wants to get down and dirty with data to drive towards our mission of bettering the lives of animals by building a place that is better for those who love them. You’ll solve some of our most complex problems through research & analysis, root cause identification, and experimentation to generate real change within our organization and for our people. You’ll optimize our clinical capacity by learning how to effectively balance our clinical labor supply with member demand. Most urgently and specifically, you will be responsible for solving one of - if not THE most - important problem facing our business: how to create flexible doctor schedules while capturing member demand sustainably.
Reporting to the VP of Business Operations, you will join a team of experts in high-growth startups and operational effectiveness, building a modern, technology-enabled veterinary company. This role is located in Los Angeles, CA with flexible opportunities to work remotely. You’ll visit the clinics as needed - at least 25% of the time - to deeply understand our customers and their needs.
What you'll be working on:
- Define and recommend a comprehensive workforce strategy to balance our team’s schedule preferences with clinic capacity requirements in order to meet business outcomes across clinics and regions
- Collaborate cross-functionally in shaping, testing, iterating, and bringing to life a workforce strategy and scheduling approach, for our doctors in particular
- Collect and deliver data-driven insights and strategic workforce recommendations. Identify research and analysis required to achieve labor objectives, and incorporate tools and 3rd party systems required to deliver upon our strategy
- Apply advanced workforce planning techniques and tools (e.g. scenario modeling/planning, demand forecasting, trend analysis, predictive modeling) to provide insight and recommendations on labor plans and long-term labor strategies
- Develop a tool - that can be productized overtime - to match supply and demand, while prioritizing the requirements and preferences of doctors
- Manage forecasts for clinic & regional revenue & cost drivers. Ensure alignment between labor deployment models and financial impact, including wage strategy implications
- Define, track, and manage labor key performance metrics for Clinic Operations and work with our operations team to track how our staffing is being implemented and optimized. Make proactive and corrected improvements.
You’d be a great fit if:
- 5-6+ years experience in analyzing and leveraging data to make strategic decisions (e.g. data analyst, corporate strategy, consulting, data science)
- A degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or similar domain
- Expertise with SQL queries, ETL, A/B Testing, and statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions) with statistical packages, such as Matlab, R, SAS or Python; Excel / GSheets, Powerpoint / Gslides, Retool, Analytics & Viz Tools
- A fast learner capable of quickly understanding various operational metrics and products
- Ability to aggregate and synthesize large amounts of data and leverage a deep understanding of underlying systems and data to draw conclusions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability and comfort to lead large meetings and extract executive-level takeaways
- The insights and self-starter capabilities to take on ambiguous & complex problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way in a scrappy environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, constantly changing, team-oriented environment and able to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously.
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent medical, vision, & dental coverage with various options to choose from
- Free membership to One Medical for primary care
- Access to behavioral and mental health services through Ginger
- 401k savings plan with a company match
- Flexible time off & paid parental leave
- Free membership to Modern Animal for your pets and discounts on extra services
- A collaborative team who has your back and will welcome you as part of our pack
The pay range for this position is $105,000 - $185,000 annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and equity grant units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the California Pay Transparency Act. Base pay information is based on geographic location.
We believe an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture and challenge business as usual. We strive to foster an environment where all staff can bring their whole selves to work, by their own definition, and we strive to provide all candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process, or if you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more equitable or accessible, please let us know!