Modern Animal is on a mission to better the lives of animals by building a place that is better for all of us who love them and we’re looking for an experienced Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) Recruiter to help us grow our organization.
A successful person in this role will have exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills, be detail-oriented with a focus on quality results, and be ready to hit the ground running in a fast-paced & fun environment. They must be highly personable, outgoing, and able to positively and professionally represent Modern Animal in the veterinary community.
The DVM Recruiter, under the supervision of the Talent Acquisition Leader, is responsible for delivering a world-class experience for all those involved in our recruiting process. This position interacts directly with our clinical teams, candidates, and University representatives to source great candidates & coordinate the designated phases of the recruiting, conference, and campus events process.
We’re a small but mighty recruiting team and there’s lots of room for us to grow! As a DVM Recruiter at Modern Animal, you will focus on sourcing and recruiting veterinarians and will have a significant impact on a high-growth veterinary business. Your work will have a significant impact on a high-growth veterinary business.
What you’ll be working on:
- Source qualified candidates for current and future open roles across all clinics
- Support the interview process through phone screens, scheduling interviews, collecting feedback, and candidate communication
- Support and nurture a best-in-class, high-touch candidate experience that represents Modern Animal’s mission and values
- Oversee recruiting activities, such as conferences, campus visits, resident events, and any other related activities to support recruiting efforts
- Manage recruiting communications and calendars to support timely interview processes
- Utilize our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse) to maintain candidate data and reporting
- Build and track key recruiting metrics and prepare regular reports to track progress
- Work alongside our Brand and People team to create and distribute recruiting-related materials that support our employment brand such as student email campaigns, event notices, contests, etc.
- Practice exceptional customer service and effective communication and follow-through while acting as a dependable and friendly point of contact for candidates, university partners, and our clinic & support teams
- Develop and take part in future projects to create world-class processes and tools for the recruiting function
Why you’ll be a great fit:
- 2-4 years of full-cycle recruiting experience, a plus if in the veterinary industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work thoroughly & independently, requesting appropriate assistance when necessary
- Experience with Greenhouse as an applicant tracking system preferred, but not required
- Open to fully remote work and occasion travel may be required
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent medical, vision, & dental coverage with various options to choose from
- 401k savings plan with a company match
- Flexible time off & paid parental leave
- Free membership to Modern Animal for your pets and discounts on extra services
- Free membership to One Medical for primary care
- Access to behavioral and mental health services through Ginger
- WFH stipends to help you set up your home office while we build out an office
- A collaborative team who has your back and will welcome you as part of our pack