We are hiring a Senior Manager, New Clinic Opening to help us realize our mission to better the lives of animals by building a place that’s better for all of us who love them. Acting as a strategic and operational partner across the organization, this role will be responsible for building and rolling out the process, timeline and budget for our new clinic openings. Specifically, this person will be accountable for ensuring that our new clinics are opened with the right people, right training, right support and right set-ups.
We are looking for a leader with a proven track record of planning and project management specifically while working in high growth and constantly evolving environments. The leader in this role thrives in an energetic, fast-paced environment with a diverse group of professionals across levels, is extremely well organized, flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, and operates with the highest level of professionalism. This individual is effective at influencing indirect reports and peers across the organization.
In this role, we are looking for someone who is passionate about pets and the people who love them, and is excited about rolling up their sleeves to bring our mission to life as we grow. This role is preferably based in Los Angeles and will require travel, local and national. This person is expected to travel at least 50% of the time to our new clinics and develop an expertise in the operational foundations of Modern Animal.
This role will oversee the following:
- New clinic openings; inclusive from clinic inception to opening day and the initial clinic operating period. Responsibilities include process and project management, schedule management, budget management, stakeholder and field communications, and in-clinic support.
- Management of the project critical path including oversight and support of each team's contribution to a successful NCO. Including but not limited to engagement and support of the development, operations, talent, finance, brand and growth teams.
- Pre-Opening Budget. Responsible for managing costs to pre-opening spend targets across functions, and identifying improvements and efficiencies to reduce total pre-opening spend per clinic.
- Continuous improvement of the NCO process. Evaluates the wins as well as the opportunities to iterate and provides feedback as required.
- Works alongside all relevant business units to identify, create and implement new and improved ways of working.
- Develops a robust NCO playbook complete with all standard operating procedures and training documentation.
- Defines tracks and measures our NCO KPIs to ensure we are opening clinics successfully and driving an efficient ramp to revenue and profitability of the clinics.
- Partners, develops and maintains strong relationships with all cross functional groups; doctors, care team, office team and external vendors to ensure the best experience for our team and clients and their pets.
- Develops and maintains an intimate understanding of all clinical and business operations to identify new opportunities and support as required.
- Synthesis of information and communication of all NCO related information to leadership, office and care teams.
Why you’d be a great fit:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in high growth environments dealing with cross-functional teams
- 4-6 years of project management or business operations experience
- Strong leadership capability, with track record of motivating teams and driving their performance
- Technologically proficient in Google Suite Applications with the ability to learn and master project management software
- Adept problem solving skills, finding satisfaction from breaking down complex problems, iterating and testing solutions
- Analytical skill-set and focus on understanding and using metrics, data and KPIs to drive decisions
- Hands-on, can do approach and demonstrated humility, with zero hesitation to jump into any situation necessary in the field or otherwise
- Collaborative go-getter, willing to roll-up sleeves and be hands-on
- Ability to build relationships and gain trust quickly, whilst valuing the respect of others and is someone who others want to work with
- Enthusiasm for thinking outside the box to tackle complex challenges
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Operate with high emotional intelligence and exceptional listening / communication skills
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent medical, vision, & dental coverage with various options to choose from
- 401k savings plan with a company match
- Flexible time off & paid parental leave
- Free membership to Modern Animal for your pets and discounts on extra services
- Free membership to One Medical for primary care
- Access to behavioral and mental health services through Ginger
- WFH stipends to help you set up your home office while we build out an office
- A collaborative team who has your back and will welcome you as part of our pack