Mode is changing how organizations make decisions by equipping every single person with the power to collaborate on analytics and share insights at the pace of work today. Mode is laying the foundation for the analytics revolution with a platform that provides analysts limitless flexibility and power, and makes data accessible to all via thoughtful, smart, simple design.
We're looking for an experienced Creative Director to lead Brand Design at Mode. In this role, you'll help refine and up-level our brand as we bring Mode to organizations everywhere. You'll bring to life engaging, cohesive experiences for analysts, data scientists, and other data pros across our marketing and content sites, decks, print materials, cultural artifacts, and more. From the perfect typeface pairing to vibrant illustrations, and everything in between, you'll think big—and sweat the small stuff—to turn the Mode brand into a household name within organizations who use data. (It's 2017; that means everyone).
What you'll do
- Define Mode's visual identity on the web, in print, and in person.
- Work closely with Mode's Product Design team to create cohesive, engaging experiences across everything we do. Mode, like most companies, has teams, but we believe deeply that a customer should never see the hand-offs.
- Partner with our Director of Marketing to develop a world-class brand and provide creative leadership to our talented team of designers, engineers, and writers.
- Manage and grow the creative team. Provide opportunities for growth and inspire their best work.
- Build relationships internally and externally, and advocate for design thinking and process.
What we look for
- A point of view—you're an experienced designer who can draw from life's vignettes to make enterprise software delightful, inspirational, and empowering.
- Deep experience with web and UX design. The brand design team at Mode is responsible for designing and implementing all of our digital experiences outside of the product.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves—you're comfortable balancing foundational design explorations with getting projects out the door and iterating.
- Empathy—you've managed people and have a knack for bringing out the best in them.
- A (right amount of) process-driven leader. Great design comes from great process; you've got the experience to implement and manage process to deliver jaw-dropping—and high-performing—design.
- You move seamlessly between fidelity levels: from high-level sketches to pixel-perfect comps.
- A data lover—experience using data and testing as an informative component of the design process.
- Alignment with Mode's values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us.
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.