Location: Strong preference for Bangalore. Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US and India.
Data-driven companies win. We've built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for Analysts and Data Scientists. As we've grown, our user audience has broadened — people on teams from Finance to Operations, Marketing to Engineering, and everything in between now use Mode to collaborate and use data in everyday decisions. For our 500+ customers, Mode is the central place where data and domain experts can come together to visualize and understand data at the rapid pace of business today.
Mode values design as an integral part of our product vision: we believe in building a team of designers who complement each other, have the desire to deeply understand the people we design for, and the expertise to execute on that understanding. As a Senior Product Designer at Mode, you will partner with your team to drive projects from inception, to launch, to iteration. You will contribute a unique perspective that directly shapes the product and company.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with small product teams to drive solutions from discovery to launch
- Deeply understand the motivations and workflows of our users through research and conversations
- Tell stories through wireframes and sketches of how people will interact with our products and features
- Help inform the product experience from overarching flows down to the micro-interactions
- Contribute to Mode's design system and improve and evolve our visual design language
What we look for
- 6+ years of experience designing web based applications, or 3+ years with a relevant Masters degree
- A degree in Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Cognitive Psychology or other related field
- You have experience with all stages of the user experience design process and are comfortable creating everything from flow diagrams, to wireframes, to high fidelity mocks and prototypes
- Fluency in Figma
- A self-starter that can work independently when needed, but you're also excited to collaborate with other designers, product managers and engineers.
- A steward for design excellence with a high level of craft in both visual and interaction design, and user experience mapping which you demonstrate in a detailed portfolio.
- Experience working within the constraints of a design system. You know when to push for new patterns and when to adjust your designs to work within the existing ecosystem.
- Experience using data to understand the impact of your design decisions.
- Self-directed and know when to embrace ambiguity - you enjoy being in a situation where you don’t know the answer, and are driven to try and figure it out, even if it means failing or asking for help.
- Experience designing administration interfaces or upsell and payment flows for web based business applications
- Experience running qualitative user research and usability studies
- Alignment with Mode Values
Please submit a portfolio with your resume - this can be a link to a website or an attached document*, along with a password if necessary.
* The portfolio attachment can be submitted under Cover Letter.
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.