Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US and India.
We've built Mode to be a powerful, collaborative analytics platform designed by and for, data driven companies. Armed with tightly integrated SQL, Python, and interactive data visualization tools, Data Scientists use Mode to turn data into actionable insights in one, central location while seamlessly communicating with the lines of business. Simple sharing tools let people throughout your organization access dashboards tailored to their needs and explore underlying data on their own.
With everyone analyzing and collaborating on consistent data within the same platform, every department is able to quicken the pace at which they make brilliant decisions. For our 500+ customers, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
As Solutions Engineer at Mode, you will serve as a technical guide and advisor to prospective customers. You will bring advanced solutioning skills and subject matter expertise to connect customer needs to Mode’s value. You will be the analytics expert deployed with our sales team to win new customers and drive revenue growth. Your insights from the field and market perspective will influence our product roadmap, ensuring you play a key role in our commitment to customer excellence.
What you'll do
- Become an expert in the features, benefits and application of the Mode platform
- Arrange and conduct face-to-face and web-based meetings as necessary to support pre-sales activities (e.g., discovery, requirements analysis, presentation/demonstration, etc.) with customers and prospects
- Develop and deliver engaging Mode presentations and product demonstrations that range from standard to custom. Using the Mode platform, quickly and expertly generate compelling, interactive visualization.
- Implement the Mode platform for Guided Evaluations and White Glove scenarios where customers evaluate in cloud based environment
- Research new technologies, tools and methodologies as they emerge that may be applicable
- Communicate daily with sales teams regarding sales activities and tactics to support our customers.
- Be the customer advocate and liaison for product management and development
- Support the sales team’s readiness in the use of the Mode platform
- Provide proactive support to customers and prospects
- Backup the post-sales Solutions Engineering and Technical Support staff as needed
What we look for
- 5+ yrs of experience in a technical customer-facing role in sales engineering, solutions engineering, solutions architecture and/or consulting into the data analytics / business intelligence market
- A focus on achieving winning customer outcomes and a deep love of a consultative selling approach
- A passion for data!
- Experience with BI and data analytics tools is a big plus, specifically SQL, Python
- Superb communication and listening skills
- Ability to work independently, but align actions for the greater good of the team. Must be a multi-task master with the ability to prioritize well in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Alignment with Mode's values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies