Location: Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US and India. We welcome applicants from all states in India.
Data-driven companies win. Mode provides the tools that power data-driven companies. With Mode, data analysts can quickly answer business questions using a comprehensive, cloud-based toolchain. Business users can understand and explore their company's data in our world-class visualization product. Mode provides the complete solution for data-driven companies by serving analysts and business users.
The Security team at Mode builds security into everything we do. Your role will be to help shape security across our engineering organization, strengthen the company's security posture, and help us build secure products our customers love. But, most importantly, you're excited to learn about the latest security threats and work with engineers to strengthen our systems.
Engineering at Mode
Come work with a diverse and deeply experienced team. We have colleagues from companies like Google, Tableau, SAS, Apple, Facebook, Glassdoor, and many more. Read more about our key engineering values. Engineers at Mode work in small, cross-functional teams that own specific products and act with high autonomy. We value open discussion, collaboration and engineering excellence.
Our technical stack
- Our services are written in Java and Golang
- Our proprietary data engine Helix caches, manages and queries customer data
- Our infrastructure is ECS Fargate containers on AWS, managed with Terraform
What you’ll do
- You will be responsible for securing our cloud environments and protecting our customers, partners, employees, and intellectual property
- You will build reliable tools and automations to prevent, mitigate or automatically remediate misconfigurations and extend our operational excellence
- Influence decision-makers and stakeholders to achieve a consistently high security bar
- Help grow our DevSecOps culture by integrating security seamlessly into our cloud environment
- Create security guidance and documentation
- You will be responsible for ensuring we have the proper visibility and detection capabilities
- Develop and deliver security training and outreach to internal development teams
- Lead security projects with end-to-end ownership
- Support for mentoring, team building and recruiting activities
What we look for
- A pragmatic view to security with a focus on risk and building scalable security approaches
- A deep technical background in developing security for low latency, high resiliency, and high-availability in SaaS services
- Experience working with and educating engineering and product teams to ensure best security practices are in place.
- Experience in delivering visibility into cloud environments for the purpose of security alerting
- Ability to lead through influence within a secure development life-cycle for multiple products and technologies, meeting customer expectations for security
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (Preferably Go and/or Python)
- Experience integrating security into continuous integration and continuous deployment in a Cloud platform (AWS preferred)
- A high-degree of empathy and concern for both team and individual outcomes.
- Alignment with Mode's values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.