Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US. We welcome applicants from all 50 states. Employees based in the San Francisco area also have the option to work out of our office as desired.
Winning organizations are gaining the upper hand by building data-driven cultures that make smarter, more agile decisions. But fragmented data, disjointed tools, and siloed information can stand in analytics teams' way as they work to deliver insights and focus on high-impact work.
Mode is a powerful, collaborative analytics platform designed by and for, analysts. Armed with tightly integrated SQL, Python, and interactive data visualization tools, analysts use Mode to turn data into actionable insights in one, central location. Simple sharing tools let people throughout your organization access dashboards tailored to their needs and explore underlying data on their own. With everyone analyzing and collaborating on consistent data within the same platform, every department is able to quicken the pace at which they make brilliant decisions.
As a DevOps Security Engineer at Mode, you’ll work closely with Engineering, Product, Operations & Compliance to build, deliver and maintain the on-going security of our application and infrastructure. Your work will directly impact the security of our platform and our ability to deliver value to customers - from the early design stages with Product and Engineering, to operationalization with DevOps, to network hardening and automating secure system configurations, to detection and incident response.
What You’ll Do
- Own security testing and vulnerability scanning within various stages of the SDLC
- Own vulnerability management, as well as patch management, for our application and infrastructure components
- Work with engineering and product teams to build threat models and help architect secure solutions
- Implement best practices in configuration management and threat detection for our AWS stack
- Coordinate with external penetration testers and manage bug bounty program
- Own and expand our engineering security training program
- Be a security subject matter expert and respond to internal security engineering questions/requests
What We Look For
- Experience working in SaaS security
- Technical knowledge of browser security and authentication protocols (CSP, OAuth, etc.)
- Experience in threat modeling, vulnerability management, and penetration testing
- Experience in automation tools for configuration management, such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, etc.
- Working knowledge of identity and access management and threat detection in cloud applications
- Alignment with Mode's values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here. #BI-Remote
The base compensation range for this role is $125,000 - $225,000 to be determined by level.