Location: Anywhere in the US. Our engineering team is fully distributed.
Salary range: $112,500-$225,000
Data-driven companies win. Mode provides the tools to make companies data-driven. Data analysts quickly answer business questions using data in a comprehensive, cloud-based toolchain. Business users can understand and explore their company’s data in our world-class visualization product. By serving both analysts and business users, Mode provides the complete solution for data-driven companies.
Mode's Notebooks team is building the IDE that allows data analysts to write R or Python code to analyze datasets - a core use case in our data platform. We are hiring a cross functional group of engineers that are excited about solving technical challenges in data platforms and that want to help shape the technical direction of the next generation of Notebooks.
Engineering at Mode
Come work with a diverse and deeply experienced team. We have colleagues from companies like Google, Tableau, SAS, Apple, Facebook, Glassdoor and many more. Read about our key engineering values.
Engineers at Mode work in small, cross-functional teams that own specific products and act with high autonomy. We value open discussion, collaboration and engineering excellence.
- Our services are written in Java and Golang
- Our proprietary data engine Helix caches, manages and queries customer data
- Our infrastructure is ECS Fargate containers on AWS, managed with Terraform
What you'll do
- Develop our core web applications for data analysts and business users
- Define and maintain development practices that let us move fast with quality
- Work with a wide range of tools and technologies (from SQL to Ruby, Ruby on Rails) and be able to evaluate technologies for what we are building
- Collaborate with a small cross-functional team of Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers to build, test, and ship new user facing code
- Learn from others and teach those around you
What we look for
- You have built and shipped web applications
- Aptitude with several programming languages (we hire people with backgrounds in any languages, but right now we are primarily using Ruby, Go, Java, and TypeScript)
- Experience with testing, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Alignment with Mode's values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.