Location: Anywhere in the US. Our engineering team is fully distributed.
The compensation range for this role is $150,000-$225,000 to be determined by level.
Data-driven companies win. Mode provides the tools to make companies data-driven. Data analysts quickly answer business questions using data in a comprehensive, cloud-based toolchain. Business users can understand and explore their company’s data in our world-class visualization product. By serving both analysts and business users, Mode provides the complete solution for data-driven companies.
The Workflow teams build the core tools for data analysts. The SQL Editor and Schema Browser extract from a data warehouse into a dataset that can be passed to our Notebooks and Visualization products.
Mode's engineering team
Come work with a diverse and deeply experienced team. We have colleagues from companies like Google, Tableau, SAS, Apple, Facebook, Glassdoor and many more. Read about our key engineering values.
Engineers at Mode work in small, cross-functional teams that own specific products and act with high autonomy. We value open discussion, collaboration and engineering excellence.
What you'll do
- Mentor, manage and grow a team of engineers
- Participate in code reviews and technical leadership
- Define and enforce quality standards and review processes
- Work cross-functionally with the other members of the engineering and product team to ensure that the team is delivering value to Mode's business
- Work with engineering leadership to develop career pathing and manage performance of your team members
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as part of the engineering management team
What we look for
- High degree of empathy and concern for team and individual outcomes
- Alignment with Mode's values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
Mode is conducting all interviewing and onboarding for new team members virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Mode employees will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, you will have the choice to work from our office in SF or from home.