Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US. We welcome applicants from all 50 states. Employees based in the San Francisco area also have the option to work out of our office as desired.
We've built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for Analysts and Data Scientists. As we've grown, an increasingly broad audience—people on teams from Finance to Operations, Marketing to Engineering, and everything in between—has begun to use Mode to collaborate with analysts and use data in everyday decisions. For our 500+ customers, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
As a Customer Education and Enablement Manager at Mode, you'll own a portfolio of our fast-growing, small and mid-sized customers. By building exceptional relationships with each customer in your portfolio, you'll deliver value at all stages of the customer journey to drive mutual success and growth. If you’re a proactive customer champion - passionate about solving problems, connecting customer value to revenue growth, and advising customers - you’ll bring tremendous value to our customers and team!
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement a customer education certification program that is relevant to the needs of our customers through cross-functional collaboration
- Determine, own, and drive Mode's customer education and enablement initiatives by creating a repeatable, scalable process that ensures content remains current as the product evolves while also developing new and relevant content for various customer personas (i.e., Analyst, Code-Free Users)
- Develop and drive customer education metrics - user certification rate, course completion rate, Mode University CSAT, etc. - that highlight the value of Mode's enablement initiatives and report on results to cross-functional stakeholders
- Work with Support and Customer Success Managers to identify and uncover repetitive customer questions by leveraging feedback to create, manage, and iterate on new or existing course content
- Align with other GTM teams on new content that supports campaigns, launches, and product releases, ensuring that we have a unified approach to pushing content to Mode’s help site, developer documentation, University, and resources pages
- Build a robust library of enablement content, including Mode University courses, Appcues assets, walk-through tutorials, and videos to help our customers accomplish their goals and realize the value of Mode
- Create and improve current training methods, including but not limited to live training sessions, virtual office hours, on-demand webinars, and monthly coffee chat discussions
- Create and execute a plan to drive education and enablement through building community initiatives and sharing best practices through forums and other channels
- Proactively seek customer feedback to improve the user learning experience and develop new content offerings in Mode University
- Become a Mode product expert
What we look for:
- Experience in building customer education and enablement programs for technical platforms with very large numbers of users
- Strong desire to build a best-in-class Customer Education function with a strong customer-first viewpoint
- Experience with - or strong desire to learn - the modern analytics space, from tooling in the modern data stack to approaches to building and scaling best in class data teams
- Ability to develop deep expertise and product knowledge of Mode’s platform
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS), with curriculum creation and development
- Ability to map “jobs to be done” by different stakeholders to specific education and enablement programs to help them successfully do those jobs in Mode
- Analytical approach to problem solving and assessing the success of customer education and enablement programs
- Exceptional project management skills, with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally and ensure delivery of projects on time
- Alignment with Mode’s values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here. #BI-Remote
The compensation range for this role is $120,000-$150,000 to be determined by level.