Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US. We welcome applicants from all 50 states. Employees based in the San Francisco area also have the option to work out of our office as desired.
We are building Mode to become the default front end for the modern data stack. The Director of Alliances will contribute to this vision by building, developing and maintaining relationships with other key partners in our space, with the aim of creating the best combined product experience for customers.
The Director of Alliances will be responsible for setting partnership strategy, defining the criteria by which we prioritize partners and deciding how we work together to ultimately deliver a great combined product experience. This director will create comarketing opportunities and establish a frequent communication cadence with partners. They will work cross functionally, launching partner integrations with Engineering/Product; creating comarketing campaigns with Marketing; aligning with Sales on revenue targets; and working with Customer Success and customers to improve integrations over time. This role will eventually extend to cover GTM/channel partners.
What you'll do
- Identify key partners and build strong relationships with their teams, ultimately driving to partnership integration or co-marketing/co-selling relationships.
- Own prioritization and roadmap for partnership work, from integrations to partner education and everything in between.
- Drive customer acquisition by keeping Mode top of mind for our partners and empowering them to refer great potential customers.
- Build a small cross-functional team to work with partners in both commercial and technical capacities (core development of integrations reports into Engineering).
What we look for
- An understanding of the modern data stack and experience building strategic partnership roadmaps within the data space.
- A clear view on what makes for a great partnership experience with Mode -- what’s good for our customers, our partners, and Mode itself.
- Experience owning the delivery of partner features, coordinating across Product and Marketing for development, documentation, and training on partner/integration-related features.
- Experience in an external-facing role. Ideally partnerships, but could be Sales, BD, Corp Dev, etc.
- Results orientation -- you will be expected to use partnerships to drive customer acquisition.
- A collaborative mindset - you’ll partner across our internal product and marketing teams as well as with our external partners.
- Alignment with Mode's values.
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.