Mode is conducting all interviewing and onboarding for new team members virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Mode employees will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, you will have the choice to work from our office in SF or from home.
We welcome applicants based remotely in all 50 states.
Mode is a powerful, collaborative analytics platform designed by and for, analysts. Equipped with tightly integrated SQL, Python, and interactive data visualization tools, analysts use Mode to turn data into actionable insights in one, central location. Simple sharing tools let people throughout your organization access dashboards tailored to their needs and explore underlying data on their own. With everyone analyzing and collaborating on consistent data within the same platform, every department is able to quicken the pace at which they make brilliant decisions.
We are looking for a DevOps engineer to join us in revolutionizing the way the world analyzes data. This person will be an integrated part of our core engineering team. Our team is growing quickly, we have openings both remotely and in our SF HQ.What you'll do
- Work with the rest of our software engineers to build application services that power our core product
- Research and evaluate technologies for what we build - determine priorities by estimating projects' potential impact
- Manage and deploy our core cloud infrastructure components
- Expand and improve our build and release automation process
- Build and advocate for tools and frameworks that promote self-service, observability and other devops methodologies across the engineering org
- Collaborate, learn from others and teach those around you
- You approach problems with a software engineering mindset
- You recognize opportunities to automate and simplify
- Lots of experience with infrastructure as code
- Experience with testing, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Familiarity with security best practices and networking a plus
- Alignment with Mode's values
- Infrastructure and orchestration: Terraform, Docker, SaltStack, CloudFormation
- A wide array of AWS services including EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, ECR, ECS
- Monitoring and observability: Honeycomb, Wavefront, Sumologic, Bugsnag
- GitHub, Concourse CI, Circle CI
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
The compensation range for this role is $148,500-$235,000 to be determined by level.