Mode is conducting all interviewing and onboarding for new team members virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Mode employees will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices reopen, you will have the choice to work from our office in SF or from home.
We've built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for Analysts and Data Scientists. As we've grown, an increasingly broad audience—people on teams from Finance to Operations, Marketing to Engineering, and everything in between—are using Mode to collaborate with analysts and use data in everyday decisions. For our 500+ customers, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to partner closely with our Head of Finance and leadership team to help execute our financial strategy as we scale the company into new opportunities. You'll work with members of every department to help plan the company's financial future, set objectives, and allocate resources to get there.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Partner with functional department leaders to budget, forecast and execute plans from concept to post. You will model business scenarios and track performance against KPIs
- Create and report KPIs to enable Mode’s leaders to get ahead of challenges
- Become the “Go-To” person and subject matter expert in either revenue or costs
- Identify opportunities to accelerate revenue and reduce costs by developing detailed revenue models based on KPIs and cost models based on headcount and vendor-level data
- Help Mode raise additional financing by creating financial models and participating throughout the process, from pitch to diligence
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- You are a self-starter who knows how and when to deliver: you produce high quality work efficiently and accurately; while maintaining a keen sense of prioritization
- A passion for using data, both quantitative and qualitative, to inform decisions
- Financial analysis experience, either from a high growth technology company, investment banking, or management consulting
- Excel and financial modeling experience
- Understanding of financial concepts and accounting principles; experience with software or SaaS business models
- Alignment with Mode's values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions. In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules — we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.