Mode is conducting all interviewing and onboarding for new team members virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Mode employees will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, you will have the choice to work from our office in SF or from home.
Mode is changing how organizations make decisions by equipping every single person with the power to collaborate on analytics and share insights at the pace of work today. We're building the most advanced web-based environment for creating, sharing, and discussing ad-hoc analysis using a variety of technologies. We have a rapidly expanding list of happy customers who love our product and we're growing to serve even more.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer on the App Foundations team at Mode, you'll work closely with other Engineers, PM's, and Designers to build a powerful application development baseline, contributing to architecture patterns, performance improvements, and other technical areas that provide lift for product teams to deliver high quality features more quickly to our users. We win when our work helps augment & amplify the velocity, performance, and stability of other engineers.
What you'll do
- Build expertise with our current frontend systems in Typescript, Angular, and Redux (NgRx)
- Improve patterns in API design between frontend and backend teams, increase performance of queries, and fetching large amounts of data
- Develop robust architecture that will allow us to scale our codebase & feature set.
- Help develop the landscape for decoupling UI apps & development from backend services
- Broadly communicate new technical decisions, & train teams on changes as well as best practices
- Provide paved-path solutions for 3rd party library upgrades & maintenance, as well as framework or pattern migrations used by frontend & backend teams
What we look for
- Familiarity and interest in Angular and Typescript ecosystems
- You have built and maintained production web applications that support complex user workflows
- Experience with testing, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Alignment with Mode's values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
The base compensation range for this role is $125,000 - $225,000 to be determined by level.