Mode is conducting all interviewing and onboarding for new team members virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Mode employees will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, you will have the choice to work from our office in SF or from home.
We welcome applicants based remotely in all 50 states.
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform designed by and for analysts and data scientists. Armed with tightly integrated SQL, Python, and interactive data visualization tools, data practitioners use Mode to turn data into actionable insights in one central location.
Simple sharing tools let people throughout your organization access dashboards tailored to their needs and explore underlying data on their own. With everyone analyzing and collaborating on consistent data within the same platform, every department is able to quicken the pace at which they make brilliant decisions.
We're looking for a Director of Product Design who shares our belief that the best teams are diverse, empathetic, and have a passion for deeply understanding both the people we design for and the problems we need to solve as a business. Design is an integral part of our vision for the Mode product. You will build and lead a team of Designers to create a product that is innovative, empowering, and engaging for our users while building in-depth research practices.
What you'll do
- Partner with Mode's leadership team to develop, lead, and execute Mode's product strategy.
- Attract and build a talented team of designers— create opportunities for growth on the team through mentorship and support.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Marketing leadership to ensure a seamless product development process from discovery to launch.
- Build relationships internally and externally, and champion design thinking and process across the entire organization. Work closely with partners in Marketing to hone and apply a consistent Mode voice.
- Own the evolution of Mode's design system, advocating for design principles and consistent designs that enhance Mode's user experience.
What we look for
- Demonstrated experience building, leading and scaling product design teams.
- Excellent communication skills and the drive to educate and evangelize Design throughout the Mode team.
- Experience designing for complex systems and applications, and a deep understanding of modern, user-centered design and research methodologies.
- Experience using data to measure and understand the impact of design decisions.
- Alignment with Mode's values.
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
The base compensation range for this role is $215,000-$240,000 to be determined by level.