We've built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for Analysts and Data Scientists. As we've grown, an increasingly broad audience—people on teams from Finance to Operations, Marketing to Engineering, and everything in between—has begun to use Mode to collaborate with analysts and use data in everyday decisions. For our 500+ customer organizations, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
At Mode, our goal is to make analysts successful. We aim to help analysts not only by building software, but also by providing the support and resources analysts need to make an impact. We don't just troubleshoot product questions or resolve bugs—we help customers solve analytical problems, build custom reports and visualizations, and even teach them SQL. We pride ourselves on being able to find solutions—even if only partial ones—to unconventional requests.
In this position, as our front line of support, your day-to-day will consist of triaging and resolving incoming tickets, queue management, understanding customer needs and educating them about our product and analytical best practices.
What you'll do
- Become a Mode expert
- Be the initial point of contact for customer inquiries and questions, acquire all relevant details to troubleshoot, resolve, or escalate issues
- Provide timely, efficient, and professional follow up to customers questions or issues
- Be an internal advocate for our customers, assess customers' support needs when they arrive, then provide solutions or refer them to other team members
- Identify ways to streamline common requests and proactively improve our support process
What we look for
- Compassion—You should care deeply about helping customers, and should be driven to make sure they have great experience with our product and team
- Communication skills—You work well with people and can put a confused user at ease
- A creative problem solver—you can develop interesting and helpful solutions to the wide range of problems that Mode's customers are trying to solve
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role
- Alignment with Mode's values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules — we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
The compensation for this role is $45,000.