Mode is conducting all interviewing and onboarding for new team members virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Mode employees will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices reopen, you will have the choice to work from our office in SF or from home.
We've built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for Analysts and Data Scientists. As we've grown, an increasingly broad audience—people on teams from Finance to Operations, Marketing to Engineering, and everything in between—have begun using Mode to collaborate with analysts and to make informed decisions by leveraging data. For our 500+ customer organizations, Mode is the central place where data and domain experts can collaborate.
We are looking for a Financial Planning & Analysis Director to build a high-performing FP&A team that will champion financial strategy and operations as we scale the product and company into new opportunities. You'll work with members of every department to help plan the company's financial future, set objectives, and allocate resources to get there.
What you'll do
- Partner with our executive team on financial planning and projections, including the financial component of major strategic initiatives
- Lead core financial processes: annual operating and board plan, quarterly board presentation, monthly budget reviews with stakeholders, weekly financial forecasts, etc
- Hire, mentor, and lead a team of analysts that will work across the organization
- Drive financial support throughout the fundraising process
- Lead external financial reporting
- Co-manage Cap table reporting
- Manage equity incentive budget
- Identify operational KPIs and develop reporting structure and cadence
What we look for
- Demonstrated experience building and leading finance and/or operations teams.
- Ability to partner with stakeholders; find opportunities and recommend solutions to challenges.
- A strong understanding of SaaS business models (startup experience a plus).
- Strong data analysis experience — you know your way around an Excel Spreadsheet.
- Proactively lead deep dive analytics and share your insights with relevant stakeholders.
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions. In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules — we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
The compensation range for this role is $175,000-$195,000 to be determined by level.