Mode is conducting all interviewing and onboarding for new team members virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Mode employees will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, you will have the choice to work from our office in SF or from home.
We welcome applicants based remotely in all 50 states.
We built Mode from the ground up as the best product for Analysts and Data Scientists. But as we grow, we find ourselves serving far broader audiences — entire companies from Finance to Operations to Marketing to Engineering, and everything in between. For many of our customers, we are the source of truth for analytical decision making.
Now, our challenge is to building new experiences for larger audiences interested in leveraging data, while maintaining an experience that analysts trust to power their day to day. Mode's engineering team is entrusted with delivering on that vision and we are looking to bring in an empathic leader to help inspire the team to perform and grow at the highest level.
What you'll do
- Enable the Back-End Engineering team to deliver outstanding value to the business by ensuring operational excellence at every level
- Ensure well-defined career paths and growth opportunities for every engineer as well as exceptional coaching to Engineering management team
- Define and enforce quality standards for the organization and build processes to help achieve that goal
- Work with stakeholders across the company and on the executive team to ensure that the team is delivering value to Mode's business
- Recruit world-class engineering talent with deliberate and effective hiring strategies
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as part of the engineering leadership team
What we look for
- Prior experience managing engineering leaders
- Analytical mindset and strong prioritization of engineering investments that lead to maximum impact
- Strong software development background (this team primarily uses Java, Go, Ruby on Rails, Terraform, but we are open to hiring engineers who have experience with other technologies as well)
- High degree of empathy and concern for team and individual outcomes
- Preference for fast-paced environments with tight feedback loops and continuous delivery
- Alignment with Mode's values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
The base compensation range for this role is $215,000-$240,000 to be determined by level.