Mode is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done remotely due to COVID-19. All new and existing Mode employees will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, you will have the choice to work from our office in SF or from home.
We've built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for Analysts and Data Scientists. As we've grown, an increasingly broad audience—people on teams from Finance to Operations, Marketing to Engineering, and everything in between—has begun to use Mode to collaborate with analysts and use data in everyday decisions. For our 500+ customers, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
Mode's own Data Science team is a critical part of this mission. The team has a dual mandate. First, we serve internal customers in all parts of the Mode organization to help guide and empower decision-making. Second, the team works to inspire others to be data-driven by “open-sourcing” the resources and analyses we create internally.
What you'll do
- Be a critical member of Mode’s data team, driving value across the organization, using your knowledge of data and how it applies to everything Mode does as a business, product, and customer-centric service organization.
- Work with others across Mode to help them make strategic, data-driven decisions about product development, marketing, and sales.
- Help teams translate their core objectives into key metrics, and build systems that keep everyone at Mode informed of those metrics.
- Find opportunities where data could improve our product and company, and create reports, data applications, or data products that enable us to take advantage of those opportunities.
- Share your work with the Mode community in the form of open-source resources, blog posts, and community talks.
What we look for
- A great communicator — you don't just focus on producing great charts, you can also explain what they mean and their implications, telling stories with the data.
- A voracious appetite and curiosity around all things data — you’re always looking to learn and to expand your data skillset — trying out new things and keeping up-to-date on new methodologies and technologies.
- A creative analytical thinker — you think about the right questions and what you need to measure in addition to producing results.
- Technical ability — you'll use tools like SQL, R, and Python every day. We look for people who have experience with these tools, or are excited to learn them.
- A professional background in data analysis or data science.
- Alignment with Mode’s values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules — we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
The base compensation range for this role is $99,000 - $140,000 to be determined by level.