Mode is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done remotely due to COVID-19. All new and existing Mode employees will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, you will have the choice to work from our office in SF or from home.
Mode is a powerful, collaborative analytics platform designed by and for, analysts. Armed with tightly integrated SQL, Python, and interactive data visualization tools, analysts use Mode to turn data into actionable insights in one, central location. Simple sharing tools let people throughout your organization access dashboards tailored to their needs and explore underlying data on their own. With everyone analyzing and collaborating on consistent data within the same platform, every department is able to quicken the pace at which they make brilliant decisions.
At Mode, data protection and security is critical to what we do. As we continue to scale our security team, we are looking for a Senior Data Protection Manager to help manage and grow data protection compliance processes at Mode. You will work closely with Engineering, Product and Sales to ensure that we are meeting our compliance obligations to protect our customer data, and continue to make Mode a trusted platform for our customers and stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- Provide data protection advice to internal teams on product features and changes
- Review data protection and security agreements for Mode customers and vendors
- Be the point person for data protection compliance matters with customers
- Manage compliance audits and work with teams to creatively address control gaps
- Conduct internal audits and perform gap assessments to track compliance readiness
- Manage vendor security evaluations and perform enterprise risk assessments
- Develop collateral and documentation for internal and external audiences
What We Look For
- Experience working in a hands-on security compliance role at a SaaS company
- Capability to handle data protection and security inquires and agreements
- Knowledge of security standards and audit frameworks (e.g. SOC2)
- Knowledge of data protection laws and regulatory frameworks (e.g. GDPR, CCPA)
- Relevant certifications such as CIPP/US and CIPM
- Alignment with Mode’s values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
The base compensation range for this role is $155,000 - $200,000 to be determined by level.