Mode is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done remotely due to COVID-19. All new and existing Mode employees will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, you will have the choice to work from our office in SF or from home.
Mode is a company built for analysts and data scientists. We're on a mission to help businesses turn data into a force of gravity that brings people—data experts and domain experts alike—together to solve their hardest problems and drive action. We work towards this mission everyday by building our collaborative, interactive data science platform while also serving as a source of education and inspiration for analysts and data scientists of all experience levels.
Languages and compilers are a critical part of this mission. Our visual analytics tools rely heavily on parsers, analyzers, and interpreters to provide rich interactive experiences. First, we use these technologies to provide analysts with an advanced calculated field development environment. Second, they’re at the core of Helix which is the main-memory data processing engine that drives all of our advanced visual analytics, dashboards, and reporting tools.
Our visualization languages and compilers toolchain is owned by our visualization team which operates with a dual mandate. First, we’re responsible for developing the shared libraries that constitute the core of our visual encoding, data modeling, and rendering systems. Second, we’re responsible for implementing new visualization features and tools based on the needs of the businesses that use Mode every day.
What you'll do
- Develop and maintain parsers, analyzers, and interpreters
- Design and implement new language capabilities and features
- Integrate languages into core data processing pipelines and interactive, low-code development environments
- Collaborate closely with the product, design, and analytics teams to identify areas where we can develop new language features, functionality, and tools
- Define and maintain development practices that help us build more quickly and confidently
What we look for
- A full stack implementor - you want to work across the entire stack from theory to implementation
- A proven track record of building and deploying parsers, analyzers, and/or interpreters
- Professional experience shipping production software in at least one programming language
- Proficiency with TypeScript, our primary tool chain language, is a plus
- Alignment with Mode's values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
The base compensation range for this role is $125,000 - $225,000 to be determined by level.