Winning organizations are gaining the upper hand by building data-driven cultures that make smarter, more agile decisions. But fragmented data, disjointed tools, and siloed information can stand in analytics teams' way as they work to deliver insights and focus on high-impact work.
Mode is a powerful, collaborative analytics platform designed by, and for, analysts. Armed with tightly integrated SQL, Python, R, and interactive data visualization tools, analysts use Mode to turn data into actionable insights in one central location. Simple sharing tools let people throughout an organization access dashboards tailored to their needs and explore underlying data on their own. With everyone analyzing and collaborating on consistent data within the same platform, every department is able to quicken the pace at which they make brilliant decisions.
As the leader of our Financial Operations, you’ll provide insight, leadership, and judgment in identifying and executing long-term value creation strategies for Mode. You will partner with leaders across all operating areas to drive exceptional near-term operating performance. You’ll also be responsible for GAAP reporting, financial systems and internal controls, investor relations, supporting the board and management decision making with insightful reporting on the operating and financial progress of the business, leading forecasting and budgeting processes, accounting, strategic finance and analysis, tax, and compliance.
What you’ll do
- Act as a senior business partner to Founder and CEO, Derek Steer.
- Own all financial aspects of the organization from FP&A through Accounting, Strategic Finance, etc. Leverage these functions to build and manage a long-term plan for the business capable of enabling continued growth at scale.
- Develop, maintain, and utilize the appropriate financial systems, tools, and resources required to support all of the financial planning, management, and reporting needs of the business.
- Work across the executive team to develop robust KPIs for Mode’s functional leadership. Capture financial measures and metrics that will help functional leaders manage the day to day of their organizations and be aligned with the operating plan. Work with Derek to help manage the team to these metrics.
- Help Mode uncover and size new opportunities and modify the plan accordingly in an efficient manner.
- Act as the accountability hub for financial goals and ROI by department; define clear targets on what is good and under what time horizon.
- Build and hire a cohesive and diverse finance team at all levels.
What we look for
- Track record of successful execution of core finance business functions including compliance, controls, accurate data, and systems integration.
- Expertise in FP&A, including multi-year looks on the business; experience with business scenario planning, leveraging upside, managing risk and fixed cost containment.
- Have driven or been a key business partner in fundraising for venture backed companies.
- Honest, straightforward, and effective communicator.
- Data-driven mindset
- Track record of building strong teams and leading/influencing others in a performance-driven culture. You are a credible teacher and coach, and lead with transparency and integrity.
- Relentless intellectual curiosity about how things work, from strategy to details. They are also a doer, quick to roll up their sleeves and become involved in the details of the business.
- Alignment with Mode's values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.