Data analysis is plagued by a fundamentally flawed workflow that leads to slow turnaround times, high error rates, and fewer insights. By combining analytics tools with a collaborative user experience, Mode is alleviating the most pressing bottleneck for analytical organizations. We are looking for a web infrastructure engineer to join us in revolutionizing the way the world analyzes data. This person will be an integrated part of our core engineering team.
- Work with the rest of our software engineers to build application services that power our core product
- Research and evaluate technologies for what we build--determine priorities by estimating projects' potential impact
- Configuration management
- Expand and improve our build and release automation process
- Work with our team to define and implement security practices
- Learn from others and teach those around you
What we look for
- Strong software development background
- You love to automate yourself out of a job
- Tons of experience with configuration management tools
- Experience with testing, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
Tools we use
- Ansible and Cloud Formation for configuration management for orchestration
- Docker and Kubernetes
- A wide array of AWS services including EC2, RDS and Redshift
- New Relic and Wavefront for monitoring
- Github and Travis CI
Mode is building the most advanced cloud analytics platform to make businesses and communities more data driven. Analysts and Data Scientists use Mode to analyze data, build visualizations, and share work with colleagues. Companies love the product because their analysts are able to quickly make data more useful to more people.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us.
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.