Mode is a powerful, collaborative analytics platform designed by and for data scientists. Armed with tightly integrated SQL, Python, and interactive data visualization tools, data scientists use Mode to turn data into actionable insights in one, central location. Simple sharing tools let people throughout your organization access dashboards tailored to their needs and explore underlying data on their own. With everyone analyzing and collaborating on consistent data within the same platform, every department is able to quicken the pace at which they make brilliant decisions.
We're looking for a Product Design Manager who shares our belief that the best teams are diverse, empathetic, and have a passion for deeply understanding both the people we design for and the problems we need to solve as a business. Mode values design as an integral part of our vision for the Mode product. You will build and lead a team of Product Designs who will create a product that is innovative, empowering, and engaging for our users as well to build in-depth research practices.
What you'll do
- Partner with Mode's leadership team to develop, lead, and execute Mode's product strategy
- Attract and build a talented team of designers— create opportunities for growth on the team through mentorship and support
- Partner with Product and Engineering leadership to ensure a seamless product development process from discovery to launch
- Build relationships internally and externally, and advocate for design thinking and process across the entire organization
What we look for
- Demonstrated experience building and managing successful product design teams
- Excellent communication skills and the drive to educate and evangelize Design throughout the Mode team
- Experience working on complex systems and applications, and a deep understanding of modern, user centered design and research methodologies
- Experience using data to understand the impact of design decisions
- Alignment with Mode Values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules — we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth — Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us.
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.