We've built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for Analysts and Data Scientists. As we've grown, an increasingly broad audience — people on teams from Finance to Operations, Marketing to Engineering, and everything in between — is now using Mode to collaborate and use data in everyday decisions. For our 500+ customers, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
As Mode's Director of Solutions Engineering, you'll play a key role in driving customer goals by providing technical solutions to customer challenges. The Solutions team plays a critical strategic role throughout the organization, owning the strategy to ensure technical success at all stages of the customer journey. You'll be building and leading a technically consultative team of thought leaders that represents Mode in the data analytics space, as well as creating and scaling processes that ensure a stellar customer experience.
What you'll do
- Become a Mode expert to understand the landscape and Mode’s differentiators as a platform
- Build and manage a team of Solutions Engineers, Onboarding Managers, and Solutions Specialists
- Train, coach, mentor, and guide your team to successful performance, career progression, and personal growth
- Set a high standard for curiosity, learning, and product knowledge across your team to continue a culture of trusted advisorship internally and externally
- Partner closely with Sales on technical demos, trial management, resources that drive new business revenue
- Partner with Engineering and Product to optimize prospect and customer feedback loops
- Own creation and scale of technical solutions resources that help customers get the most out of Mode - from demos to training materials and best practices guides
- Collaborate with Customer Success, Support, Marketing, Sales, Engineering, and Product teams to deliver solutions to our customers
- Get to know our customers and their needs — lead, mentor, and support our customers through technical account related issues
- Ensure best-in-class solutions outcomes - trial conversion rate, new business revenue, onboarding velocity, and customer satisfaction
What we look for
- Demonstrated ability leading a customer facing team — strong people management, mentoring, coaching and development experience
- Experience managing customer outcomes through various stages of the customer journey - from sales process to onboarding to adoption to growth
- You know your way around data — familiarity with the modern data stacks, database frameworks or ETL tools
- Creative problem solving skills — you won't be using a playbook, you'll be helping write one
- Autonomous, curious, fast-learner and enjoys working in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Alignment with Mode's values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us.
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
The compensation range for this role is $205,000-$240,000 to be determined by level.