Mode is a powerful, collaborative analytics platform designed by and for data scientists. Armed with tightly integrated SQL, Python, and interactive data visualization tools, data scientists use Mode to turn data into actionable insights in one, central location. Simple sharing tools let people throughout your organization access dashboards tailored to their needs and explore underlying data on their own. With everyone analyzing and collaborating on consistent data within the same platform, every department is able to quicken the pace at which they make brilliant decisions.
Mode values design as an integral part of product vision: we believe in building a team of designers who complement each other, have the desire to deeply understand the people we design for, and the expertise to execute on that understanding. As a Senior Product Designer at Mode, you will own projects from inception past launch to iteration and contribute a unique perspective that directly shapes the product and company.
What you'll do
- Own and define problem statements—collaborate across a small product team to drive solutions from discovery to launch
- Deeply understand the motivations and workflows of data scientists through user research and conversations
- Tell stories through wireframes and sketches of how people will interact with our products and features
- Help us form high level strategy as well as dive into the micro-interactions
- Contribute to Mode's design system and improve and evolve our visual design language
- Provide mentorship and collaborate with other designers to improve their work and elevate the design organization
What we look for
- You're excited about the prospect of working with other designers, sharing feedback and mentoring each other
- You’re a steward for design excellence with a high level of craft in both visual and interaction design
- Experience using data to understand the impact of your design decisions
- You're self-directed and know when to embrace ambiguity–you enjoy being in a situation where you don’t know the answer, and are driven to try and figure it out, even if it means failing or asking for help.
- Experience running qualitative user research and usability studies
- Alignment with Mode Values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules — we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth — Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us.
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.