Mode is building a world-class platform for data scientists, analysts, and everyone else who needs to ask and answer questions with data. Our product is an integral part of data science workflows at Lyft, Twitch, Shopify, and hundreds of other data-savvy organizations.
We are looking for a Business Operations Associate to identify and execute on high impact projects to help Mode “see around corners” and achieve growth milestones. You will identify growth areas, scope solutions and assess their impact, and lead execution & implementation. If you are someone who is highly analytical and strategic, thrives with open-ended questions, takes a structured approach, and is ready to hit the ground running, you’ve come to the right place.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Identify, research, scope, and successfully execute on new, high-impact, forward-thinking operational initiatives that increase productivity and performance
- Act as connective tissue across orgs for best-in-class execution of cross-functional initiatives, including defining & documenting operational processes
- Create and track key company KPIs to enable Mode’s leaders to get ahead of challenges
- Support Operations department with ad-hoc projects
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- You are the ultimate self-starter who knows how and when to deliver: you produce high quality work efficiently and accurately, while maintaining a keen sense of prioritization
- Eye towards scale - instead of solving today’s problem, you design and implement systems to solve the problem permanently
- Team player - no project is too big or too small
- Technical chops - Excel is your best friend; bonus points for SQL experience
- Insatiable curiosity and motivation to learn everything possible about our customers and the ins and outs of every department at Mode
- Aptitude to independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans and execution
- Passion for using data, both quantitative and qualitative, to inform decisions
- Alignment with Mode's values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules — we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth — Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us.
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.