Winning organizations are gaining the upper hand by building data-driven cultures that make smarter, more agile decisions. But fragmented data, disjointed tools, and siloed information can stand in analytics teams' way as they work to deliver insights and focus on high-impact work.
Mode is a powerful, collaborative analytics platform designed by and for, analysts. Armed with tightly integrated SQL, Python, and interactive data visualization tools, analysts use Mode to turn data into actionable insights in one, central location. Simple sharing tools let people throughout your organization access dashboards tailored to their needs and explore underlying data on their own. With everyone analyzing and collaborating on consistent data within the same platform, every department is able to quicken the pace at which they make brilliant decisions.
As a Security Engineer at Mode, you’ll work closely with folks from Engineering, Product, Operations & Compliance to build, deliver and maintain the on-going security of our application. From the early design stages with Product and Engineering, to operationalization with DevOps, to detection and incident response, your work will directly impact the security of our application and our ability to deliver value to customers.As a member of the Mode team, you'll also be a steward of our values. Take a look at how our engineering team lives our values here.
What you’ll do
- Own security testing and vulnerability scanning within various stages of the SDLC
- Own and expand our engineering security training program
- Collaborate with internal teams on improving our identity and access management
- Coordinate with external penetration testers and manage bug bounty program
- Be an advisor to the product team on security and collaborative help drive our security roadmap
- You'll be based out of our SF office or work remotely based in the United States
What we look for
- Technical knowledge of browser security protocols (CSP, CORS, XSS prevention)
- Experience in threat modeling, vulnerability management, and penetration testing
- Experience managing bug bounty programs and engaging with security community preferred
- Software development experience using any of Go, Java, Python, Ruby, or TypeScript
- Familiarity with web authentication and authorization protocols
- Familiarity with AWS security tools, services & architectures
- Alignment with Mode's values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us.
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.