We've built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for Analysts and Data Scientists. As we've grown, an increasingly broad audience — people on teams from Finance to Operations, Marketing to Engineering, and everything in between — use Mode to collaborate with analysts and use data in everyday decisions. For our 600+ customers, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
We are looking for a FP&A Manager to champion financial strategy and operations as we scale the team, product, and company into new opportunities. You'll work with members of every department — as well as the CEO — to plan the company's financial future, set objectives, and allocate resources to get there.
What you'll do
- Own financial planning and projection, including the financial component of major strategic initiatives
- Apply plans and projections in the fundraising process, from plan to pitch to diligence
- Work collaboratively with department heads to develop budgets and allocate funds across the business in line with strategic objectives
- Manage external relationships with operational vendors including accountants, banks, and consultants
What we look for
- Experience in Finance or Operations
- A strong understanding of SaaS business models
- Strong data analysis experience — you know your way around a SQL query as well as an Excel Spreadsheet
- Insatiable curiosity and motivation to learn. You will seek to learn everything possible about our customers and about the ins and outs of every department at Mode
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules — we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth — Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us.
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.