We've built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for Analysts and Data Scientists. As we've grown, an increasingly broad audience—people on teams from Finance to Operations, Marketing to engineering, and everything in between—has begun to use Mode to collaborate with analysts and use data in everyday decisions. For our 500+ customers, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
The Mode marketing team champions analysts—and analytical decision-making—to build a uniquely positioned brand within the business intelligence and analytics space. Our team is a creative crew of empathetic storytellers, quantitative thinkers, and community builders. The Mode platform is loved by customers and it's time to scale our marketing programs to bring the Mode story to organizations everywhere. As Mode's Head of Product Marketing, you'll lead our product marketing efforts, working cross-functionally to drive initiatives that position Mode as a platform with limitless flexibility and power to the most technical people within our customer base.
What You'll Do
- Lead product marketing efforts, including competitive analysis, messaging, go-to-market strategy, field and channel enablement
- Define and communicate value propositions that differentiate Mode, winning the hearts and minds of analysts and their organizations
- Promote strong feedback loops with the product, sales, and customer success teams to craft compelling messaging, enablement materials, and customer communications
- Conduct research to build out customer personas, segmentation, and develop content tailored to customers throughout their lifecycle, to increase feature usage and grow customer organizations
- Work with partners to develop effective co-marketing strategies that demonstrate the power of tools that integrate with Mode
- Measure results across efforts and constantly find creative ways to maintain momentum and engagement after launches
- Build, coach, and lead a talented team of Product Marketing Managers
What we look for
- Domain knowledge of analytics solutions and developer tools.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, execute, and measure marketing initiatives that drive technical audiences to action.
- Strong people management, mentoring, coaching and development experience.
- Familiarity with SQL, HTML, and APIs. Python a plus.
- Proven ability to grow awareness of and engagement with features that require complex implementation.
- Driven, collaborative teammate willing to roll up their sleeves and make magic happen.
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us.
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.