Mode is changing how organizations make decisions by equipping every single person with the power to collaborate on analytics and share insights at the pace of work today. Mode is laying the foundation for the analytics revolution with a platform that provides analysts limitless flexibility and power, and makes data accessible to all via thoughtful, smart, simple design.
Mode's product and design team is responsible for ensuring that we deliver the best possible experience to our customers—technical flexibility for power users and simplicity for others—while driving toward larger business goals. As our first researcher, you will define how our team conducts research, and help imagine the possibilities for Mode as our product evolves.
What you'll do
- Lead and design all aspects of the research cycle, from initial discovery to method selection, recruiting and scheduling, analysis, and presentation to a broad audience
- Work cross functionally to identify key research topics that will generate tactical and strategic product insights
- Develop creative and impactful ways to present your research across the company, creating a more informed, empathetic, and effective organization
- Work closely with design to facilitate improvements to the product experience through research findings
- Be the voice of research at Mode— evangelize research and the user’s voice in our product and design strategy
What we look for
- A deep understanding of both evaluative and generative methodologies— you understand their strengths and weaknesses and know when they're most effective
- A strong communicator— you translate user insights into tactical action items through exceptional empathic listening, perceiving users’ needs, and delivering an unbiased view of users to our product team
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves—you're comfortable balancing deep qualitative explorations with quick iterative studies, and are able to figure out what choices will generate maximum impact and meaningful insights within the resource constraints of a startup
- A solid understanding of design and usability principles— you're comfortable working closely at various points throughout the product development process
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us.
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.