At Mode, our job is to make analysts successful. We aim to do this not only by building software, but also by providing the support and resources analysts need to make an impact. We don't just troubleshoot product questions or resolve bugs—we help customers solve analytical problems, build custom reports and visualizations, and even teach them advanced SQL techniques. We pride ourselves on being able to find solutions to unconventional requests.
Your early days at Mode will consist of becoming an expert of Mode through customer communication, understanding their needs, and educating them about both our product and analytical best practices. Once you've become that expert, you'll move on to more advanced projects to help us create the best product for our customers, based on your specialities.
What you'll do
- Become a Mode expert and handle top-level technical customer escalations
- Represent the customer voice as a member of a cross-functional “durable team” with product, engineering and design that is responsible for defining and delivering a segment of Mode's product roadmap
- Contribute to Mode's open source libraries (e.g, PyMode, Alamode, and more) and expand from Python to support more languages (e.g., Ruby, Node, etc.)
- Troubleshoot complex technical customer issues
- Create end-user tools to help Mode customers get the most out of the project and/or become better analysts
- Contribute to Mode product and API documentation
- Occasionally visit customers to consult on challenging technical issues and projects with Mode
What we look for
- Compassion—You should care deeply about helping customers, and should be driven to make sure they have great experience with our product and team
- Communication skills—You work well with people and can put a confused user at ease
- A creative problem solver—you can develop interesting and helpful solutions to the wide range of problems that Mode's customers are trying to solve
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role
- Alignment with Mode's values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.