Mode is a company built for analysts and data scientists. In addition to building a product to help them be great at their jobs, Mode aims to be a source of education and inspiration for analysts and data scientists of all experience levels.
Mode's own Data Science team is a critical part of this mission. The team has a dual mandate. First, we serve internal customers in all parts of the Mode organization to help guide and empower decision-making. Second, the team works to inspire others to be data-driven by “open-sourcing” the resources and analyses we create internally.
What you'll do
- Work with others across Mode to help them make strategic, data-driven decisions about product development, marketing, and sales.
- Help teams translate their core objectives into key metrics, and build systems that keep everyone at Mode informed of those metrics.
- Find opportunities where data could improve our product and company, and create reports, data applications, or data products that enable us to take advantage of those opportunities.
- Share your work with the Mode community in the form of open-source resources, blog posts, and community talks.
What we look for
- A great communicator — you don't just focus on producing great charts, you can also explain what they mean and their implications.
- A creative analytical thinker—you think about the right questions and what you need to measure in addition to producing results.
- Technical ability — you'll use tools like SQL, R, and Python every day. We look for people who have experience with these tools, or are excited to learn them.
- A professional background in data analysis or data science.
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us.
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.