Mode is a powerful, collaborative analytics platform designed by and for, analysts. Armed with tightly integrated SQL, Python, and interactive data visualization tools, analysts use Mode to turn data into actionable insights in one, central location. Simple sharing tools let people throughout your organization access dashboards tailored to their needs and explore underlying data on their own. With everyone analyzing and collaborating on consistent data within the same platform, every department is able to quicken the pace at which they make brilliant decisions.
The Advanced Analytics team is focused on our analytics development environment - a collaborative, integrated suite of tools that helps data scientists analyze and visualize data with languages like SQL, R, and Python. Mode's on a mission is to build the best product for our core users, technical analysts, and this team is responsible for figuring out how to do that. As a member of the Mode team, you'll also be a steward of our values. Take a look at how our engineering team lives our values here.
What you'll do
- Develop the services that power our Web Application and API's for data analysts and business users
- Define and maintain development practices that let us move fast with quality
- Work with a wide range of tools and technologies and be able to evaluate technologies for what we are building
- Determine priorities by estimating the potential impact of projects
- Learn from others and teach those around you
- You'll be based out of our SF office or work remotely based in the United States
What we look for
- You have built and shipped services that support Web Applications and/or API's
- Expert-level aptitude with several programming languages. Right now our services team is primarily using Go and Java but across the application stack we use TypeScript and Ruby on Rails. We are open to hiring people with backgrounds in any languages
- Experience with testing, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Alignment with Mode's values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us.
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.