As Mode's Director of Design you will build and lead a team of talented designers across Product, Communication, and Marketing Design. Your team will work on all facets of design, from creating a product that is innovative, empowering, and engaging for our users, to building in-depth research practices, and crafting a brand that analysts recognize and trust.
We value design as an integral part of our vision for Mode. We're looking for a design leader who shares our belief that the best teams are diverse, empathetic, and have a passion for deeply understanding both the people we design for and the problems we need to solve as a business. Your work will shape the way business leaders from enterprise to non-profit make data-driven decisions.
What you'll do
- Partner with Mode's leadership team to develop, lead, and execute Mode's Design strategy.
- Attract and build a talented team of designers — create opportunities for growth on the team through mentorship and support.
- Partner with Product and Engineering leadership to ensure a seamless product development process from discovery to launch.
- Build relationships internally and externally, and advocate for design thinking and process across the entire organization.
What we look for
- Demonstrated experience building and leading successful design teams.
- Excellent communication skills and the drive to educate and evangelize Design throughout the Mode team.
- Experience working on complex systems and applications, and a deep understanding of modern, user centered design and research methodologies.
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us.
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.