Mode is changing how organizations make decisions by equipping every single person with the power to collaborate on analytics and share insights at the pace of work today. Mode is laying the foundation for the analytics revolution with a platform that provides analysts limitless flexibility and power. Mode's Growth and Discovery team is on a mission to get Mode into the hands of analysts everywhere, making data accessible to all via thoughtful, smart, simple design.
Mode values design as an integral part of product vision: we believe in building a team of designers who complement each other; designers who have the desire to deeply understand the people we design for, and the expertise to execute on that understanding. Whether that is with hand drawn sketches, detailed interactive prototypes, deep qualitative research skills, or trend-setting visual design chops, each designer at Mode contributes from a unique perspective that directly shapes the product and company.
What you'll do
- Own and define problem statements-- collaborate across design, engineering, and product to drive solutions from discovery to launch
- Tell stories through wireframes and sketches of how people will interact with our products and features
- Help us form high level strategy as well as dive into the microinteractions
- Provide mentorship and collaborate with other designers to improve their work and elevate the design organization
What we look for
- You're excited about the prospect of working with other designers, sharing feedback and mentoring each other
- Experience using data to understand the impact of your design decisions
- You're self-directed and know when to embrace ambiguity – you enjoy being in a situation where you don’t know the answer, and are driven to try and figure it out, even if it means failing or asking for help.
- Experience running qualitative user research and usability studies
- Empathy for our users and your colleagues
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us.
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.