Looking for an innovative, creative, passionate, and fun company in OC. Then let us introduce ourselves. We are MobilityWare and we make fun for a living and do it better than most! Our mobile games have been rocking the app store since its inception and we regularly show up in those top two, top five, and top ten lists for most popular games. We recently reached over 200 million downloads, which is like 3/4's of the US populate!
As VP of Engineering, you will report to the CEO and develop a progressive, high-performance, user-centric technology organization that functions at high velocity and delivers quality games on time. We have a diverse group of top engineering talent (and need more) so retention and recruiting will be critical. You will work on the executive team to develop a strategic plan that aligns technology with our business and our users- so bring your consensus building hardhat and change management graphic tee.
- Lead with passion and engagement. You’ll do this both internally and within the gaming community to define, develop and continually improve upon vision, strategy and culture. In short, YOU are our Rocky Balboa or Ronda Rousey
- Develop and deliver on product roadmap timelines ensuring that visible progress is made on all deliverables, metrics and analytics are created and managed in an environment that emphasizes quality, automation and efficiency- Phew
- Be a technical visionary making technology/architecture decisions based on technology trends and social behavior
- Develop and mentor technical talent, guiding team members on their paths like Yoda himself
- Develop a progressive engineering culture that fosters creativity and collaboration while maintaining a long-term roadmap for technology architecture
- Proven experience as the VP of Engineering or VP of Software Engineering, preferably at a game development company
- 5+ years of experience in developing mobile applications
- Extensive understanding of agile methodology as well as waterfall project management, along with the judgment of how and when to tweak them both- we are not rigid.
- Experience leading mid-size to large development teams to extraordinary success
- Experience utilizing both internal and external development teams to optimize cost and delivery
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in project management, setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Formal degree in computer science, or equivalent
Why you should work for us
- Killer Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free soda, free coffee, free trips, free dental, free vision
- Casually awesome workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we'd love for you to join us on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got profit sharing incentives, medical (100% paid option), dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), OPEN PTO, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K
- Boss office smack dab in the middle of OC and 2 minutes off the 5 freeway